Disembarkcation question?

Lorrith

What is the latest you can get off of the Grand Princess in Seattle? We will not be in a hurry and want to allow everyone that are trying to catch flights to get off first?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is the latest you can get off of the Grand Princess in Seattle? We will not be in a hurry and want to allow everyone that are trying to catch flights to get off first?

Lorrith,

Usually disembarkation is scheduled based on people who have excursions and early flights.

You will be put in a group of people with later flights (or no flights) and during the day you are asked to leave your room by a certain time and report to an area for disembarkation. There a member of the crew will announce what groups can leave (for example seablue 2, or whatever color group you find yourself in).

I have to admit I often wonder what the significance of some of the groups are, as they seem to be a large group of people traveling together.

Not to worry, it will all be good. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On every cruise I've been on you must be out of your room by 8am. They do this so stewards can clean the rooms and have them ready for embarking passengers by 11am or so. On your disembarkation form, fill out that you want to be in the last group, & you will be assigned a color and lounge/waiting area to sit in until your group is called.

You can always leave after your color is given. So if you are given Pink-5 and don't mind being among a later group' date=' just tell the Passenger Services Desk and maybe they'll switch you with passengers who want an earlier time.[/quote']

I am new to Princess, will be driving to the ship, and plan to use carry-on luggage only. If I decide not to leave the ship early, will I be able to go to the Lido and relax over breakfast and/or coffee while those who have to catch flights disembark first? Or does Princess require that all disembarking PAX wait at a preassigned spot (lounge or whatever) until their # is called?

Thanks in advance!

I am new to Princess, will be driving to the ship, and plan to use carry-on luggage only. If I decide not to leave the ship early, will I be able to go to the Lido and relax over breakfast and/or coffee while those who have to catch flights disembark first? Or does Princess require that all disembarking PAX wait at a preassigned spot (lounge or whatever) until their # is called?

Thanks in advance!

When we've had later flights we've often lounged around on the Lido Deck, just sitting, reading a book, and trying to squeeze every last moment out of our vacation. The buffet will be open so you can grab some food and just sit back and relax. But do realize that most passenger services are closed and I'm not sure how long the buffet will be open (but it should definitely be open until at least 8 am when you are expected to vacate your cabin).

Thanks in advance!

You will get a number, color, and designated lounge for waiting, but can wait in any public area you where are comfortable. You will probably not be able to hear you number being called if you are not in your designated waiting area, so at some point you'll want to make your way down there. Ship should be vacated approx 10:30am. As stated above, buffet closes early, (I think 8) and all passenger services cease. This is so ship can be made ready for the next cruise passengers who will be coming on board approx 11am. Hope you have a great cruise!

You will be sent a form early in the cruise asking what time you wish to disembark. Just ask for one of the later times.

You will then receive a letter indicating the assigned disembarkation time and a place to meet at the assigned time. There is no reason to be at that place before the assigned time, so you can enjoy your time at the buffet (or on deck). Service should be available at the buffet until about 9:30 AM.

There are usually no shipwide announcements about when your assigned disembarkation color is allowed to leave the ship. This information is only announced at the assigned meeting place for your color.

When we've had later flights we've often lounged around on the Lido Deck, just sitting, reading a book, and trying to squeeze every last moment out of our vacation. The buffet will be open so you can grab some food and just sit back and relax. But do realize that most passenger services are closed and I'm not sure how long the buffet will be open (but it should definitely be open until at least 8 am when you are expected to vacate your cabin).

The buffet should be open until 9:00am (check the time in your Patter).

They do shut down the line right on time, so get what you want before that time, then enjoy at your leisure.

If your ship has an International Cafe, it's always open. Great for grabbing that last snack before disembarking :) .

If you are carrying your own luggage off, you can wait onboard and disembark later. However, if you put out your luggage the night before and are assigned a lounge and time, I'd do that because when only a few bags are left in the terminal under that color, they are taken and set aside and you'll spend your time looking for yours.

On some cruises, I've seen the ship cleared 100% by 9:30am, sometimes later. It all depends on Customs and Immigration. Keep in mind that the ship can't be cleared and passengers allowed to board until all previous passengers have disembarked.

You will get a number, color, and designated lounge for waiting, but can wait in any public area you where are comfortable. You will probably not be able to hear you number being called if you are not in your designated waiting area, so at some point you'll want to make your way down there. Ship should be vacated approx 10:30am. As stated above, buffet closes early, (I think 8) and all passenger services cease. This is so ship can be made ready for the next cruise passengers who will be coming on board approx 11am. Hope you have a great cruise!

I prefer this method of giving you a lounge to wait in. Before, you'll see people who decide to park themselves on stairwells and walkways, most likely with the idea of being able to be first in their color group. I think these passengers got or cared that they would often be in the way or even a danger to others.

Lorrith ~ as mentioned, when you complete your disembarkation form, note you want to disembark late. Check your luggage tags when they arrive and if you aren't in the latest group, take them down to guest services and ask to exchange them.

We head to the Horizon Court, enjoy breakfast and sit until the call the last group and ask any remaining passengers to disembark...normally between 9:30 - 10:00 AM.

Have a great trip!

• 5 months later...
You can always leave after your color is given. So if you are given Pink-5 and don't mind being among a later group' date=' just tell the Passenger Services Desk and maybe they'll switch you with passengers who want an earlier time.[/quote']

The problem comes if the person(s) who use your time slot have bags that they're not taking off themselves. Those bags may not be available on the pier now when they get off at an earlier time.

The problem comes if the person(s) who use your time slot have bags that they're not taking off themselves. Those bags may not be available on the pier now when they get off at an earlier time.

You should be getting your tags ahead of time, and not at the last minute. There's often passengers at the Passenger Services desk at that time requesting an earlier time. When you put out your luggage in the hallway the night before -- and you're supposed to put those tags on them. That's what the porters will go by, and those bags will be placed in the luggage claim room next to the sign with their color (Brown-1, Blue-3, etc.). The bags aren't sorted by their name. So again, if you go to the desk and offer to go in a later group (which you can do anyway, just don't leave when your group is announced) and the desk gives you colored tags for a later group, your bags will be available. I'm not talking about just switching with another passenger at the last minute, even though that shouldn't matter as long as none of you do self-disembarkation (carry off all your luggage by yourself).