Traveling w/19 month old and senior Mom - what beach?

amygirl76

Stopping here on our cruise in a couple weeks. Trying to decide what beach would be best for us? We're a party of four - me, my 19 month old daughter, a friend of mine and my Mom. My Mom gets around ok, but does have some mobility issues after two hip replacements.

Which beach do you think would be best for us? I'm super irish, so need shade. I don't mind springing for an umbrella/chairs/cabana rental.

Thanks for any help! I've been googling like crazy, but first hand experience always helps the most! :)

I'd probably suggest Lindbergh Bay for what you're looking for, you can rent chairs and I believe umbrellas from the Best Western Emerald Resort Plus. You can also rent a room for a day if available to have access to a shower and their pool.

There are also some shaded areas at Magens Bay but it gets very crowded there.

If snorkeling is desired then I'd recommend Coki.

I'd probably suggest Lindbergh Bay for what you're looking for, you can rent chairs and I believe umbrellas from the Best Western Emerald Resort Plus. You can also rent a room for a day if available to have access to a shower and their pool.

There are also some shaded areas at Magens Bay but it gets very crowded there.

If snorkeling is desired then I'd recommend Coki.

Coki has no little to no shade and gets extremely crowded on a ship day because it is a small beach.

Magens has shade everywhere. It does get crowded in front of the concession stand. Further down the beach it is much less crowded and there are picnic table to sit at.....................but if you need to rent a lounge chair you are stuck in the crowded portion of the beach.

Thanks for the help! I'll look into Lindbergh for sure. Hadn't heard of that one.

Otherwise, it might be Magens Bay for us. That works too. I think we're the only ship in port, so hopefully that helps with the crowds a bit. :)

Here are some descriptions/comparisons of the beaches on STT if you want that -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993432

Lindbergh is a good choice for a decent beach with umbrellas and restrooms, and Magens Bay is a nice beach and a very popular option (most publicized beach on STT) and so gets very crowded even with just 1 ship in port. The shaded spots will be gone early at Magens, or you'll be several yards away from the beach for shade. But a nice dead calm beach with a small gift shop and beach restaurant.

Coki is one of the gorgeous East End beaches and as noted is a small bay and so gets crowded on heavy ship days. Also a good snorkeling beach. Coki would be our choice because it is arguably the nicest beach on STT and there are umbrella rentals there. Since you are docked at Havensight any of these beaches will be a 20 min taxi, and you have several options so enjoy your day!