Cruise Fares

Can anyone tell me why, when first looking at prices on the website, the fares change when you "book your cruise". Example - I click on a stateroom category and see a price of $789 pp. Then I click on book your cruise and now the cruise fare is $1039 pp plus the taxes and port charges. Anyone know what gives? This is especially frustrating when looking at a BOGO fare, but it is happening with all bookings. Seems to be a "bait and switch".

Maybe what your seeing is the price pp avg after the bogo initially. Then when you click on it, it actually gives you the breakdown per person. I booked the Oasis for Jan 2016, it says on the website our D6 is $865pp but when you break it down its actually $1154pp and then the 2nd person is 1/2 off that for $577 for $1731 which would avg out to $865. Hope that helps:confused:

Maybe what your seeing is the price pp avg after the bogo initially. Then when you click on it, it actually gives you the breakdown per person. I booked the Oasis for Jan 2016, it says on the website our D6 is $865pp but when you break it down its actually $1154pp and then the 2nd person is 1/2 off that for $577 for $1731 which would avg out to $865. Hope that helps:confused:

The trip I am looking at is for 2014 -- so no BOGO. And others for 2014 show the same crazy numbers. I guess I can call Royal but I hate to spend all that time waiting for a rep to.talk to me.

The trip I am looking at is for 2014 -- so no BOGO. And others for 2014 show the same crazy numbers. I guess I can call Royal but I hate to spend all that time waiting for a rep to.talk to me.

It's worth the time to talk to someone when things are confusing.

Can anyone tell me why, when first looking at prices on the website, the fares change when you "book your cruise". Example - I click on a stateroom category and see a price of $789 pp. Then I click on book your cruise and now the cruise fare is $1039 pp plus the taxes and port charges. Anyone know what gives? This is especially frustrating when looking at a BOGO fare, but it is happening with all bookings. Seems to be a "bait and switch".

whitshel's is a very likely explanation.

The important thing is to find a final price that makes you happy, regardless of how you get there.

Good luck.

:)

ship, date, category so we can see what you are seeing

I also agree with whitshel I was also checking a cruise on the Jewell and couldn't figure out why it was doing the same thing to me, but when it dawned on me I divided the total price by 2 and came up with the price they were advertising. Confusing I know!