Scooter On Epic

scotmech

We are on the epic on 7th September ...

We have a disabled cabin and my wife is in a wheelchair she has limited disability ...

We would like to hire a Disabled scooter for her to use on the ship for 7 days ...

Are there any scooters on the epic or would one have to be arranged at Barcelona ...

What price would a scooter be for 7 days ...

Just a note of caution, I had to use a wheelchair a few years ago due to some surgery I had done on my leg/foot. While I was able to rent a wheelchair on board, it wasn't in the best of condition. If you want a scooter, you have to bring your own, and it has to be collapsible to fit into your cabin. There were some other restrictions on the scooter battery type allowed, but I don't recall them off the top of my head.

Probably best to call NCL and get them to give you specifics on what kind of scooters are allowed.

Just a note of caution, I had to use a wheelchair a few years ago due to some surgery I had done on my leg/foot. While I was able to rent a wheelchair on board, it wasn't in the best of condition. If you want a scooter, you have to bring your own, and it has to be collapsible to fit into your cabin. There were some other restrictions on the scooter battery type allowed, but I don't recall them off the top of my head.

Probably best to call NCL and get them to give you specifics on what kind of scooters are allowed.

According to the link I provided that information is incorrect. The info for the NCL access desk is in the link also.

The issue with scooters on the epic is that they must fit in your room. You cannot leave them in the hallways. If I needed one, I would probably go through the rental service specializing in cruise ship scooters and wheelchairs. They've got this dialed in.

According to the link I provided that information is incorrect. The info for the NCL access desk is in the link also.

There weren't any scooters available when I tired to rent one. Just going by personal experience.

And Mike's point, finding a collapsible scooter (that fits in the cabin) to rent may be a difficult task. Best shot is finding a folding wheelchair.. The one I rented wasn't in all that good of shape, however.

Edited by graphicguy

hi,

my dh has ms & can stand & walk very short distances with a crutch.

few yrs ago we tried to rent a scooter in europe , the NCL vendor didn't have any.

we bought one on ebay or amazon for less then 1/2 of the price a fellow cc had said they usually rent for.[i think we paid 350]

we bought a pride go go,{ heaviest piece is 30 lbs}, the battery is ok for air & cruise travel, we check the scooter & wheelchair @ the boarding gate.

there is a ton of info on the diabled cruiser page.

the scooter is narrow enough to fit through the door. we store the scooter & wheelchair in the bathroom of the handicapped suite, the showers are huge! lol

my dh truly enjoyed the freedom of the scooter as opposed to me pushing him in the wheelchair. we use the wheelchair for off ship. many european streets are not scooter friendly but barcelonia is!!!

the epic has press pad door opening so it is very convient, we loved everthing about the ship except the sink in the room instead of the bathroom lol

karen