NY Breakaway- earliest flight out?

Flopthis25

We MAY be leaving in 11 days on the Breakaway--- if I can find flight. What's the earliest you would recommend booking a return flight?

I don't know NY at all. And kind of anxious about getting around.

Sorry, I'm mobile-- I tried to do a search, and it's not cooperating.

Thanks!!

EWR's AirTrain is not running until mid July on weekends & there's limited service/detour with PATH train/NJT bus connections, and car service is more expensive from NJ. Unless there's a major difference in airfare savings, go for LGA or LaGuardia - flight options are limited but I would advise booking the mid-afternoon flight - fewer problems with taxi or car services (LGA is about $40 vs. EWR's $75+, tips excluded) with subway & limited bus being inexpensive LGA option.

With a late flight going home, you can relax on the morning of arrival, disembark late & have plenty of time to get to the airport even if the ship is delayed docking (unlikely to run into whales in June ...)

Checking flights, it looks like mostly smaller Regional Jets flown on these routes, so be prepared to gate-check even carry-on luggage as I'm sure you know already. JFK from Manhattan pier is a flat rate of $52.50 per taxi - travel time should be 45 minutes to 1 hour on most Sunday morning in good weather, plus possible midtown tunnel toll of $5.33 & tips.

Enjoy your cruise & planning your flight.

Edited by mking8288