Priceline Bidding?

bling19572010

Personally I would never use PL when you have special requests. By bidding, you are only guaranteed a room for two. So it often is the standard room with one queen bed. If you have special requests such as bedding, location, handicapped, smoking etc those need to be made thru the hotel itself. And of course they are called requests for a reason. No guarantee that they will be available when you check in.

How do you handle a Priceline bid when you need two rooms and one needs to be wheelchair accessible?

You don't. You need to book the wheelchair room traditionally and you can priceline the second room.

Actually, you'd need to priceline the traditional room first then book your wheelchair room so you know which hotel.

You don't. You need to book the wheelchair room traditionally and you can priceline the second room.

Actually, you'd need to priceline the traditional room first then book your wheelchair room so you know which hotel.

Yes and hope the PL hotel has a handicapped room available. When do you need the room?

Remember, OP, there are no refunds on PL. That's why I wouldn't use it for your need...especially for peak weekends.

Edited by eandj

"Can I get a handicapped-accessible room?

Most hotels will be glad to accommodate you if rooms are available. If you have disability needs (for example only, you need a wheelchair accessible room or require the use of service animal) you must call the hotel after your booking is made and verify that your needs can be met. Priceline.com cannot accommodate disability needs in advance of your booking. If your disability needs cannot be accommodated by the hotel, please call Priceline customer service."

From Priceline FAQ.

Sounds like there's some room at the end of their answer?

I recently booked two rooms through Priceline, one being an accessible room. Hotwire sent an email confirming they had called the hotel to ensure an accessible room was available. I will always use Hotwire for this reason.

I recently booked two rooms through Priceline, one being an accessible room. Hotwire sent an email confirming they had called the hotel to ensure an accessible room was available. I will always use Hotwire for this reason.

:confused:

Unless I got something in writing from the HOTEL directly that the accessible room would be guaranteed and waiting when I checked in, I wouldn't feel comfortable. What a discount booker says isn't in stone. This being an important "request"...I wouldn't risk it.

Edited by eandj

:confused:

Unless I got something in writing from the HOTEL directly that the accessible room would be guaranteed and waiting when I checked in, I wouldn't feel comfortable. What a discount booker says isn't in stone. This being an important "request"...I wouldn't risk it.

Yep. When you are checking in at 11PM and the hotel front desk has no idea and does not care that you spoke to Mary Jane at hotwire on Thursday and has no ADA accessible rooms, you are SOL and that note means nothing.

Call the hotel.

Guess who is getting the ADA room if they sell out? Those who didn't book with a discounter.

I did book through priceline and then i called the hotel. They said they put ahold on the room for the date we needed for a accessible room. We were happy alot happier since we didn't have to take wheel chair apart to get into room. I think we were just lucky.