Suite + Interior?

You wanted suite perks for everyone but you felt that the suite was to small for your needs, so you wanted to put some in another room and have them get suite perks as well.

Because everybody's situation is special.

If you felt that one suite was too small (even though, technically, you didn't exceed the allowed capacity), you could have put your party in two suites. That's not paying twice for anyone.

(Credit to triptolemus who I've paraphrased here twice.)

You wanted suite perks for everyone but you felt that the suite was to small for your needs, so you wanted to put some in another room and have them get suite perks as well.

Because everybody's situation is special.

If you felt that one suite was too small (even though, technically, you didn't exceed the allowed capacity), you could have put your party in two suites. That's not paying twice for anyone.

(Credit to triptolemus who I've paraphrased here twice.)

Our point here has been that we wanted Suite perks for 5, and we wanted to PAY for Suite perks for 5.

We also wanted to PAY for another small cabin (full fare for 2 adults, although it would cost about the same to list one person there).

We didn't need the space of a second Suite, and to pay that much extra for the extra bed/bathroom that would be used only at night.

What is being overlooked is that there are times that people are requesting Suite privileges THAT ARE PAID FOR, using the regular listed fares.

This is quite different when there is not enough space for "everyone" in a suite, and then someone ALSO wants others to be included in the Suite perks, when they are *not* listed as Suite passengers.

-> The "problem" was that we could not PAY for an "extra inside cabin", even at full price.

As I mentioned, we could have switched to the 5-person DOS, in which case we'd STILL want the separate cabin, for privacy and quiet.

But we still could NOT have paid for BOTH, even at full price.

I've never encountered a hotel where one couldn't pay for extra rooms (connecting or not), whether or not one uses them for the extra bathroom, or as separate "office space" to do some work, or whatever.

And with a cruise, one is also paying for the food (we did NOT ask for a discount because the "inside cabin ghosts" weren't actually eating anything beyond the DOS paid-for food... ;-).

Obviously, this is a situation where there are vast differences of opinion.

GeezerCouple

This argument will go on and on and on, and you will not get even majority agreement.

This deal is slightly different than what is more common > another cabin with multiple people that are not paying the extra money.

Do as you see fit.

In this case, the OP can put all 6 people in the suite and pay and with this logic get the perks. But, if the OP actually pays MORE money, one person will not get the perks.

Though I am one of those that usually say "no suite, no perks" - this one seems to a bit different.

If lots of people pay more to get two cabins and still want suite perks for all because all people could stay in the suite it's a problem. If lots of suites are sold for less than full capacity and the people in the suites still wants perk for the maximum number of passengers in the suite the VIP-restaurant might be crowded.

The OP doesn't seem to demand anything, to ask for perks for the person in the interior cabin is not a problem. You can get "yes" or "no".

We just cruise the dawn last week. We were in 2 bedroom suite with balcony with the adjoining suite. There were four if us in the suite. One day the four of us plus one from the mini suite had lunch at cagneys. I called the concierge before we went just to make sure it was ok. That was the only day more than 2 of us went to cagneys for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL and most cruise lines make their money from on board purchases by the passengers. The OP is taking two passengers, or more, and their profit potential, away from the mix. So even though they want to pay for the extra room and get 'free' suite perks, the room is not making any money for NCL.

Everyone is special and entitled to break (bend?) the rules when it benefits them.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

We could have done this - er, TRIED to do this - in a suite that DID sleep 5 (including the baby).

WE WANT THE EXTRA SPACE OF THE SMALLER INSIDE CABIN, so that we have the separation for sleeping, and also the extra bathroom.

We want to PAY FOR BOTH CABINS IN FULL - for "everyone* in the Suite *AND* for 2 in the inside cabin!

But we sort of need to have "ghosts registered" in the inside cabin, and "Ghosts of GeezerCouple" (or "Ghosts of other Couple") don't have separate passport numbers, etc.......

NCL would be coming out much ahead, as there would be two full-fare passengers who actually aren't eating a thing or using any facilities at all, because... they are duplicate people.

But they would be PAID-FOR duplicate people.

We want to pay for ALL SUITE ACCOMMODATIONS & PERKS for *everyone* and *ALSO* pay for two people in an inside cabin.

It doesn't matter if the suite we prefer takes only 4 *OR* if we switched to the other DOS (one that does allow 5, but has a much less appealing floor plan). The price would be the same. And our "problem" would be the same.

[Very sorry that I confused this issue by focusing on the 4-person DOS and not the 5-person DOS "next door".]

I'm not sure how to explain it any better.

We want the equivalent of paying FULL PRICE for an inside cabin, but not having any "separate" passengers listed there, other than some who are already listed - AND PAID FOR - in a Suite.

(If the argument is made that this deprives someone else of sailing on a full ship, well... that happens on every full ship... or any time there are passengers not doubling up or quadrupling up when possible, thus "freeing up" other cabins for others.)

IF there was a "2BR suite" that had the same space and features of the 4-person DOS, we've have taken that immediately. (It would have given us what we wanted, and also saved us money - but it doesn't exist.)

GeezerCouple

Then why not book two suites? There. Suite perks for all.