Mariner #'s

Just thought I may ask, but would any one know how they assign Mariner's? I have been with HAL for about 3 year any my # begins with 652 while new first time guest begin with 294, 296.

Do they change #'s as you change levels or was mine issues by someone at HAL headquarters. Just a question of the day.

Ours are 9 digit numbers beginning with 01. My wife's and mine are not quite sequential. Your question is an interesting one. Do you know if the new numbers are 9 digits or 10?

Ours were issued in 2002 and start with 04. DW and I are 17 numbers apart despite the fact that our first cruise was together. I have no clue why newbies would be 29. Were they on another Carnival Corp cruise line?

Some others I know:

Sep 2007 - 064

Dec 2007 - 375

Dec 2009 - 410

All are 9 digits.

Edited by jtl513

Just thought I may ask, but would any one know how they assign Mariner's? I have been with HAL for about 3 year any my # begins with 652 while new first time guest begin with 294, 296.

Do they change #'s as you change levels or was mine issues by someone at HAL headquarters. Just a question of the day.

I just received an email from HAL with the SBP for Suites promo and it has an ID number starting with 294 next to my name. It's not my Mariner # though.

My DH and my mariner number were sequential if you look at the first 9 digits. The final digit is called a check-digit which is used to verify that the first 9 digits were keyed correctly.

I get e-mails with a 286... number. I think they assigned that when I entered "liked" HAL on Facebook.

My real mariner number starts with 011...

My DH and my mariner number were sequential if you look at the first 9 digits. The final digit is called a check-digit which is used to verify that the first 9 digits were keyed correctly.

I get e-mails with a 286... number. I think they assigned that when I entered "liked" HAL on Facebook.

My real mariner number starts with 011...

Mine is what I got when I went to "look up Mariner Number" on the HAL website.

So 294 or 296 are the codes for peeps that get good pricing and bennies:D.

No, I think it's a dummy number. (Insert joke here.) I receive offer mail messages at several of my e-mail addresses. My guess is that they assign a placeholder Mariner # to each address in their mailing database and use it as their primary key. If their address database isn't clean, you can wind up with multiple e-mail addresses and multiple Mariner #s. This isn't just a HAL issue. Mailing list databases are notoriously hard to keep clean.

The folks who I are now newbies on HAL have sailed on NCL, Disney, RCL and Carnival. That might have something to do with #'s Who knows.

Only, since I booked with a group, they have no way of knowing what other line I have sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to add to the confusion.

My mother, sister and I had our first cruise on the Zaandam in 2000. None of us had ever cruised before on any line.

Mother and sister in a suite, me in an oceanview.

Mother's Mariner number starts with 041 (9 digits)

Sister & I start with 037 (also nine digits)

Rich

YES! That explains everything. So how to go about getting one of those numbers???!!!

You're asking me, now that's funny:D. That said, I have gotten a little special pricing since I got off the westy and didn't have any cruises booked with them. It only took about a week to remedy that so I'll be back at being ignored:p.

We first sailed HAL in 1996. We were assigned 9-difit numbers starting with "045" and 18 numbers btween mine and DW's. We took a few more cruises, and then about 2005, we were assigned different numbers, starting with "029" but also 18 numbers between mine and DW's. I never did figure out why they changed our numbers or what significance they may have, but all of our cruises (and later suite bonus and spending extra days) have been accurately recorded on our Mariner accounts.

Dave