Help! Go Port Canaveral Customer Reviews

secretv2

We just used Go Port Canaveral for cruise parking on our cruise this week. We were scheduled for an 11:00 am shuttle from the parking area to the port, but didn't get to our ship until about 12:30.

They use full size tour buses and don't leave until the bus is full, regardless of the time you are scheduled for. They also make drop-offs for every ship in the port so at each ship you have to wait for the passengers on the shuttle to get off and wait while the driver retrieves their luggage from the storage area under the bus.

On the return trip we again had to wait for the bus to fill up before it left the port. The driver said he had arrived at the port at 7:30 am but the bus didn't depart until after 9:00.

When we arrived at the parking area, at least 3 vehicles had their windows smashed during our cruise, so security also seems to be lax.

This company seems to offer a service for a good price, but the extended waits and high risk of vehicle damage offset any cost benefit. We won't be using them again.

We just used Go Port Canaveral for cruise parking on our cruise this week. We were scheduled for an 11:00 am shuttle from the parking area to the port, but didn't get to our ship until about 12:30.

They use full size tour buses and don't leave until the bus is full, regardless of the time you are scheduled for. They also make drop-offs for every ship in the port so at each ship you have to wait for the passengers on the shuttle to get off and wait while the driver retrieves their luggage from the storage area under the bus.

On the return trip we again had to wait for the bus to fill up before it left the port. The driver said he had arrived at the port at 7:30 am but the bus didn't depart until after 9:00.

When we arrived at the parking area, at least 3 vehicles had their windows smashed during our cruise, so security also seems to be lax.

This company seems to offer a service for a good price, but the extended waits and high risk of vehicle damage offset any cost benefit. We won't be using them again.

Yikes! Good to know. We've used the cruise and snooze package and it was great. My parents who drive were liking the pricing of the parking but def not worth it for all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used them last March for our cruise and had an excellent experience with them.

Our flight didnt get in until after midnight, they were there withing 5 minutes of us landing texting their location for us to meet up after we got our luggage. Then straight on to our hotel.

Transfer to and from the port went very smoothly as well.

I plan on booking with them again for our next cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

We are a family of four.

Traveling on Spring Break.

I have found a deal staying at the Holiday Inn Express which is newly renovated and provides a free breakfast too

We need two nights pre cruise. One post cruise.

We fly out at 7 am from MCO so we need to be there at 5 ish (international flights back to Canada)

We land at 9 pm on the Thursday before we sail (cruise leaves Saturday) and doing a b2b. We are then staying another night in April after disembarking the cruise.

We aren't in a rush at any point to get anywhere.

We are Canadian so our dollar sucks right now.

They have quoted me $660 US for everything. Shuttles to and from airports, three nights stay at the Holiday Inn, shuttles to and from the pier and taxes.

Just wondering from those of you who have used this service does it sound like a decent deal? The amount of work involved to individually book all this, including renting a car and dealing with shuttles to and from the agencies which we have done, not knowing where we are going, and trying to get a place to stay for under $150 a night seem like it is somewhat impossible.

Part of me would rather just book and be thankful its all taken care of.

I just want to make sure its a decent company with a good reputation.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I see this thread is somewhat older so I thought I would ask again to see if anyone more recently could give their opinions.

Thanks again.

Chass

Hi everyone.

We are a family of four.

Traveling on Spring Break.

I have found a deal staying at the Holiday Inn Express which is newly renovated and provides a free breakfast too

We need two nights pre cruise. One post cruise.

We fly out at 7 am from MCO so we need to be there at 5 ish (international flights back to Canada)

We land at 9 pm on the Thursday before we sail (cruise leaves Saturday) and doing a b2b. We are then staying another night in April after disembarking the cruise.

We aren't in a rush at any point to get anywhere.

We are Canadian so our dollar sucks right now.

They have quoted me $660 US for everything. Shuttles to and from airports, three nights stay at the Holiday Inn, shuttles to and from the pier and taxes.

Just wondering from those of you who have used this service does it sound like a decent deal? The amount of work involved to individually book all this, including renting a car and dealing with shuttles to and from the agencies which we have done, not knowing where we are going, and trying to get a place to stay for under $150 a night seem like it is somewhat impossible.

Part of me would rather just book and be thankful its all taken care of.

I just want to make sure its a decent company with a good reputation.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I see this thread is somewhat older so I thought I would ask again to see if anyone more recently could give their opinions.

Thanks again.

Chass

I used it back in March and I plan on using goportcanaveral again next Feb. I found it to be an excellent service and a great price (even with our dollar!!) I had a couple questions after I booked it, sent an email and my questions were answered with in a couple hours.

Thank you so much for your clear description. I have been researching parking for our cruise in March and kept finding 50/50 reviews, although their facebook reviews are pretty bad. We will not be using them. Thank you for your detailed information!!

Hi Cruise Friends-

Has anyone used Go Port Canaveral to book hotel accomodations and shuttle service? I can't find any reviews online about the company. They offer a pretty great deal! Airport pick up transportation to Hotel for 1 night, Transportation to the cruise terminal and then back to the Airport. For a family of 9, I was quoted $519. Please share your reviews and comments.

Happy future sailing,

Secretv2 :rolleyes:

I used goportcanaveral.com for our upcoming trip in August and got a package deal for $149.00 for 2 people, I booked 2 rooms for friends that are joining us.

Happy Sailings :)

We also booked through them, we are headed down 2 days before our cruise, they assisted us with the second night as well with all shuttles, pretty good price, staying in a hotel on the beach, leaving in 30 days, ill definitely report back. :D

Kristin

That is Awsome, enjoy your cruise and let us know how everything worked out.

BonVoyage :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that while I booked two weeks ago with this site, I had requested a roll away for the room. The lady from GPC said she would make note of it on the reservation.

She called me back yesterday and told me they can't make that request, but wanted me to know so I could make the request directly with the hotel itself. I can't believe they would even take the time to do this. I was super impressed...

Hoping it continues. They were excellent to deal with so far!

• 7 months later...

I tried to use them for my cruise that ended up being canceled due to hurricane Irma. I was unaware until the day I arrived in Florida that the cruise was canceled because Carnival sent me an email about it. I had a reservation through Go Port Canaveral. I received no email or phone call regarding the cancelation of my hotel through Go Port Canaveral. I figured if I couldn't turn back and go home, I at least had a safe place to stay until I could figure out what to do. I showed up at the hotel, they told me that Go Port Canaveral called them, and said I was the one who canceled due to the hurricane (complete lie). Thankfully the hotel found us a room. I contacted Go Port Canaveral via email telling them that I was dissatisfied, because they left us stranded, and did not notify me the reservation was canceled. They responded saying they emailed everyone, which was another lie. I wouldn't make another reservation with them ever!

We are flying to Orlando next spring and thought about doing GoPortCanaveral but im not sure after reading the comments on here and on FB. This is our first time crusing out of Orlando and we're having a hard time finding a Fly,snooze, cruise package thats not so expensive.

We are flying to Orlando next spring and thought about doing GoPortCanaveral but im not sure after reading the comments on here and on FB. This is our first time crusing out of Orlando and we're having a hard time finding a Fly,snooze, cruise package thats not so expensive.

I was skeptical until I used them. They seem to go through phases but each time the service gets better (surprisingly). Different hotels added, changed in transportation companies, great phone reps, etc. During Irma our cruise got cancelled. We got travel protection for the flight, Carnival refunded our money no issue, but Go Port Canaveral gave us some push back only offering 70% refund of 100% credit to be used later. It was outrageous, I didn't cancel or make changes it was on them. It wasn't until this Monday that everything was sorted and we got 100% refund. After speaking with them I understand they were right in the middle of the storm and took some damage as everyone else out there. They hadn't had to deal with loss of power, phones, internet before for such a long period of time.

They apologized and handled it how it should have been, but companies have to do things quick without thinking, I am just grateful they were loyal to me and gave me what I deserved. My next cruise booking date is uncertain but I will be using Go Port Canaveral again.