Southwest Airlines

HollDoll

Am I correct that we can't take a flight prior to 11:30 am? (I am talking from FLL). There is a great flight for us at 11 but I believe that is not allowed.

You're correct. In Ft. Lauderdale the Luggage Direct flights must be scheduled for 11:30 or later.

If you want to do self-disembarkation, which is drag your own luggage off the ship without any assistance, you will be in the very first group off, and be at the airport before the mass of people arrive. You may very well be able to make that 11:00 flight (barring unexpected arrival/clearance problems, that is ;)).

When I used Luggage Direct from Ft. Lauderdale I was sitting at my gate by 8:25 for my 11:45 flight. YMMV.

Perfect, thank you. Am I correct that we can't take a flight prior to 11:30 am? (I am talking from FLL). There is a great flight for us at 11 but I believe that is not allowed.

We take the flight at 11:00 all the time from Ftl. We leave the ship around 8:30, don't self carry and have plenty of time. Take the earlier flight if you want.;)

Thanks....but I don't understand Eadnj.....how can you not self carry (I assume by this you mean you use luggage direct) and still get an 11:00 am flight? I know the earlier poster is correct about it not being available for anything prior to an 11:30 flight. Can you explain? Thank!

Thanks....but I don't understand Eadnj.....how can you not self carry (I assume by this you mean you use luggage direct) and still get an 11:00 am flight? I know the earlier poster is correct about it not being available for anything prior to an 11:30 flight. Can you explain? Thank!
I'm not eandj, but: if they are in a suite they would be first off after the self-disembarks, around 8:30, after having their luggage taken off the ship by steward. S/he didn't say "luggage direct", only that they take an 11:00 flight regularly. Edited by jtl513

Oh, I totally agree. We've used it. I only wish we could use it for an earlier flight. Last time they allowed a 11:28 flight! But 11 would be pushing it...I don't think luggage direct would approve 11. Geez, I just don't know what to do...the 11 is a non stop flight, next one being a change planes one stop which departs FLL at 1:15.