Rome

Cappers

Good evening folks,,hope we are all in fine form. Who amongst you knows whereabouts Rome's Termini station is in relation to all the main sights? I know someone will! I'm taking my daughter to Rome for 3 nights for her 21st birthday and every hotel I look at says it's near the Termini station but I don't know Rome well enough to be able to put it into perspective.

Good evening folks,,hope we are all in fine form. Who amongst you knows whereabouts Rome's Termini station is in relation to all the main sights? I know someone will! I'm taking my daughter to Rome for 3 nights for her 21st birthday and every hotel I look at says it's near the Termini station but I don't know Rome well enough to be able to put it into perspective.

Phew, someone answered... Excursioned there a couple of times but never used the train... Was going to suggest asking on the Thomson forum, I am sure Kruzeeka would be able to give exact directions but I think she goes on hols herself today.

Where is our old knowledgeable fount RR ??? :D

one of the operators of hop on hop off picks up on a side street by the termini station. left hand side as you face the main entrance

there is also a bus route that goes by the Vatican and other sites. search these boards and you should get the bus #. but pick pockets know that tourists use this bus and target it

stayed at Best Western Royal Santina which is on this street. it was good

Hello Cappers....the metro is very easy to use...when we went by train to Termini we caught the metro to Colosseo.. Which was directly opposite the Colosseum and then walked Forum, Victor Emmanuelle statue, Trevi fountain and Spanish steps before catching metro back to Termini...there are signs pointing the way so it was easy... I also downloaded street maps off Internet....:)

A good map is essential. We had to walk a good way from the Trevi fountain, there is a large bus station just outside, and a long walk to the right platform. We actually got off at the Vatican on the way in which saved a lot of time as the train does a long slow journey around Rome to the Termini. Then we caught a HoHo bus to save a lot of walking, what we should have done is to get the bus again to the station but the map seemed to show it wasn't that far. It was, lol.:)

Jan