Can I visit S. America on a Southern Carib. cruise?

foto451

What a wonderful discussion!

I see "America" as four entities (with extras): North (US and Canada, but not Greenland or Hawaii), Central as Mexico to Panama, South yes well south of there. And the islands in the Caribbean I call the forth subcontinent. Then there are the islands off the coasts. It is a controversial subject isn't it?

Some day I would like to take a guided tour throgh Chile incl. Easter Island. But not as a cruise. Still, if I don't get to do it, my bucket list would have a tick at South America.

I'll have a closer look at all your cruise suggestions.

Klaus

Hawaii is a U.S. state..... one of our Fifty. It must be counted as America. U.S.A.

It is common to hear reference to the 'lower forty-eight'.... that indicates the contiguous U.S. 48 states but would not include Hawaii and Alaska, though Alaska most certainly is also a U.S. state.

I would like to say that I have been to South America, you know for my bucket list. And Central America for that matter, but that´s not the point here.

Klaus

More basic question. Is there a point to stopping at ANY port in South America just to say that you have been to South America? That is sort of equivalent to saying that you have been to a place because you changed planes there. I do not get it.

DON

More basic question. Is there a point to stopping at ANY port in South America just to say that you have been to South America? That is sort of equivalent to saying that you have been to a place because you changed planes there. I do not get it.

DON

When you're on holiday, the things you do don't need to have a point.

I once stepped out of a train and stepped back in again, just to say I've set foot in Luxembourg. What's the point? There isn't one.

PS - to the OP, use the English definition of how America works, and you're covered on Central America. I've always heard that Mexico and points south - which includes the Caribbean - are Central America.

Edited by dsrdsrdsr