OPEN LETTER to Royal Carribbean

For what its worth, I have corresponded with, and followed JohnGaltny's posts, for several years and have found him to be an intelligent and humorous contributor to this forum. I am somewhat surprised at some of the responses to this string.

The fact that he travels with a bevy of beautiful women is completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with my brown-nosing!

I could not agree more and hope one day to be on a cruise with him and his bevy of beauties!

Maybe the OP should crack the pocketbook and make a break from the "gateway" cruise line and splurge on a classier sail?.......;)

:D:D:D

Gee, "classy" usually makes me nervous but it's certainly a thought. Regent or Seven Seas would possibly be worth selling the house. Now if I can just convince my wife and the 4 dogs (they get a vote on all household decisions), we're in business.

Edited by JohnGaltny

Thanks Darkwolfe.

I was a name partner/CEO/typist/dishwasher of my own firm for many years. What people who work for others don't realize is that obtaining new clients is MUCH tougher than retaining existing ones. Thus, when a person says "I'll never sail Royal again" they have immediately dropped to a lower priority than an existing customer who is unhappy, but is possible to retain.

My letter was written CEO to CEO. As such, threats and recriminations are not only useless, but counter-productive to my thesis. Honestly, I am stunned by the number of people who feel as I do.

Goalie, I'm glad you had successful results. Honestly, I can afford to go where I want. If they offer something I'll accept it but that was not my main issue. As I said, we still enjoyed the cruise as a whole.

You are the light at the end of the tunnel....well written:)

:D:D:D

Gee, "classy" usually makes me nervous but it's certainly a thought. Regent or Seven Seas would possibly be worth selling the house. Now if I can just convince my wife and the 4 dogs (they get a vote on all household decisions), we're in business.

.....you could always make it a "package deal" and sell the wife and the dogs with the house......:D........look at Celebrity..........;)

You are the light at the end of the tunnel....well written:)

WOW that is high praise Pooh. Others here apparently feel I'm the headlight on the train coming at them.:D

.....you could always make it a "package deal" and sell the wife and the dogs with the house..............look at Celebrity..........

Bringing up many old Henny Youngam jokes for all us old people.:D

I like your name... I like what it stands for. That said you remind me more of Ellsworth Toohey... I hope I am misjudging you, but somehow, sadly, I doubt it.

jc

I somehow feel certain that Ellsworth would have made a direct play for monetary compensation or otherwise positioned the experience for his express gain. Not something that John Galt (Ms. Rand's and the one here) would have done.

I somehow feel certain that Ellsworth would have made a direct play for monetary compensation or otherwise positioned the experience for his express gain. Not something that John Galt (Ms. Rand's and the one here) would have done.

As I recall now in the light of day, Ellsworth would have demanded that compensation be awarded to everyone on the ship and that Royal give two of its ships to "deserving people who never had a chance" to run a ship. :D

Dumb as I am, I even ruined my potential lawsuit by telling them I cannot prove causation on my DiL's rash. ::facepalm:: Some lawyer huh?? LOLOL

Edited by JohnGaltny

Ok I got to ask , your taking on a large corporate entity ,but your not looking for compensation , um I would be almost certain that there were apologizes given on the ship for the problems you encountered , so really what's more could you be after ? ....from the street to the suite

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Possibly he just wanted to let us know what to watch out for on a cruise whether it is with Royal Caribbean or with another cruise line. It never occurred to me to even check the sheets before getting into bed but I will do so in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

Just what I was thinking! Let's see I"ll start another thread and hopefully get the responses I'm looking for.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If my room was in the same shape as the op described his as being in, I would also be upset. I would want to vent until I received some type of response. Also by others revealing the things that went wrong on their cruise will make us more aware of things to lookout for. I'm no CHEERLEADER for any cruise line. I think RCCL has went downhill the past few years...as has other lines. I don't know why some get so upset when a negative comment is posted about RCCL?? I spend my hard earned money on my cruise vacations so if something like this happened to me, I would be VERY UPSET, not trying to justify it because I'm a CHEERLEADER!;)

If my room was in the same shape as the op described his as being in, I would also be upset. I would want to vent until I received some type of response. Also by others revealing the things that went wrong on their cruise will make us more aware of things to lookout for. I'm no CHEERLEADER for any cruise line. I think RCCL has went downhill the past few years...as has other lines. I don't know why some get so upset when a negative comment is posted about RCCL?? I spend my hard earned money on my cruise vacations so if something like this happened to me, I would be VERY UPSET, not trying to justify it because I'm a CHEERLEADER!;)

Well, I'm sure you have read the attitude around here that "a bad day on a cruise is much better than a good day at work". I've never bought into that line of thought but that might have something to do with the fact that I like my job.

I am totally grossed out now...I thought it was nasty that I found a bloodied bandaid on the floor...now I am ready to bring a UV light on board with me.

.......I always wondered what happened the that band aid?.............

Possibly he just wanted to let us know what to watch out for on a cruise whether it is with Royal Caribbean or with another cruise line. It never occurred to me to even check the sheets before getting into bed but I will do so in the future.

His post will make me be more aware of our bedding. Will be awaiting the response to his letter.

.....you could always make it a "package deal" and sell the wife and the dogs with the house......:D........look at Celebrity..........;)

If he could get away with selling the house with the wife and dogs included, he would be a celebrity

Good thing CEO was spelled correctly!:D

CEO to CEO:rolleyes:

While at the same time airing on a social media site not once but twice.Perfect way to influence another CEO

I do hope the "Carribbean" used in the title was not on/in the letter

Ellsworth would be all about the public, there would be nothing to gain for Ellsworth but the public good. He would be satisfied, initially, in the glow of the love of all of the public for his public service of destroying the self focused entrepreneur and bringing the private capitalistic system under control of the people. Of, course, the people would turn to him to solve all of their problems. John Galt, different and better book, was the very soul of rugged individualism. JG only spoke in public to let the world know that all of the men of talent and ability have gone on strike.

Ellsworth wrote as a journalist defaming Howard Roark (the early version of JG) for his own empowerment, and to destroy individual property rights.

To paraphrase....

Hence, my confusion... with this whole thing.

Again, there is nothing wrong with this thread... I am just too literal....:cool:

jc

Bizarro! :eek: Time to stop this thread. Shut it down.

This should be the last comment.

No, everyone should stop giving the OP such a hard time. He was just trying to help all of us that sail Royal. The next and last post should be from the OP letting everyone know of the response they got from their great letter.

I've explained this twice if you care to read. If not, I'll make it really easy "BECAUSE I chose to do it this way".

I'll ask again...why a second thread? Why not add on to the original? I get it. You chose to do it this way. I'm asking why did you make that choice? Surely a "CEO" is capable of a better answer than "because I chose so." You must be capable of critical thought. If not, I truly worry for your employees! :eek:

I'll ask again...why a second thread? Why not add on to the original? I get it. You chose to do it this way. I'm asking why did you make that choice? Surely a "CEO" is capable of a better answer than "because I chose so." You must be capable of critical thought. If not, I truly worry for your employees! :eek:

Well I've given the full answer at least twice before. I was giving you the crayon version. Go back and read slowly and see if your facility for critical thinking can figure it out. I don't care a whit about your opinion of mine or what you choose to put in quotes.

Have a good evening and weekend.