Best Deal for Bermuda?

Superclr

Hello all, looking for some friendly Cruise Critic advice, hope you can help!

This Spring we booked a cruise to Bermuda through Future Cruise Sales onboard. We booked Aquaclass for $1499/person and received $450 in onboard credit.

Our final payment is due June 3rd, and we have noticed that the cruise fare has dropped to $1343/per person and with the Take 2 promotion on now we believe we'd also receive $300 off and $300 in onboard credit (assuming we book through Choice Air).

We have attempted to work with Celebrity through the phone centre and have spent upwards of 90 minutes on hold once and been hung up on after ten minutes on the second attempt. :(

The way we see it, our options are to cancel and re-book ourselves now (to get the lower fare and Take 2 offer), or cancel and wait to book this last minute (Hoping for a lower fare).

Thoughts? Ideas? Other options? Secrets to working the phone centre?

Can anyone advise if the last minute deals on Bermuda are usually appealing? Does anyone think there's a way we can keep our current onboard credits and combine with the Take 2 deal?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Christine & Ron

This Spring we booked a cruise to Bermuda through Future Cruise Sales onboard. We booked Aquaclass for $1499/person and received $450 in onboard credit.

Our final payment is due June 3rd, and we have noticed that the cruise fare has dropped to $1343/per person and with the Take 2 promotion on now we believe we'd also receive $300 off and $300 in onboard credit (assuming we book through Choice Air).

We have attempted to work with Celebrity through the phone centre and have spent upwards of 90 minutes on hold once and been hung up on after ten minutes on the second attempt. :(

The way we see it, our options are to cancel and re-book ourselves now (to get the lower fare and Take 2 offer), or cancel and wait to book this last minute (Hoping for a lower fare).

Can anyone advise if the last minute deals on Bermuda are usually appealing? Does anyone think there's a way we can keep our current onboard credits and combine with the Take 2 deal?

Christine & Ron

If you want Aqua class...they usually go up in price as the cruise date nears (if not sold out).

Christine & Ron

Hello there,

Can you please send an email to concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com? We can have someone reach out to assist.

We paid our final payment in April and now our Aqua Class cabin is down to 999.00 pp. Almost 1000.00 less than what we paid. I will never learn. I was going to cancel before final payment date but then said no. I know it happens but it is aggravating.

We paid our final payment in April and now our Aqua Class cabin is down to 999.00 pp. Almost 1000.00 less than what we paid. I will never learn. I was going to cancel before final payment date but then said no. I know it happens but it is aggravating.

But no perks with that price

If you want Aqua class...they usually go up in price as the cruise date nears (if not sold out).

Aqua class has been ridiculously cheap on Bermuda cruises this summer (even for some in June). I'm not sure why, but it's $999 with resident/55+ discount on most cruises throughout the summer. Note that because it's a special, it cannot be combined with other offers (or existing reservations with offers).

I upgraded to A1 when it dropped to $1149 on my cruise a few weeks ago. I was in 2A for $80 less and got lucky because the $1149 was not flagged as a special fare (even though the Celebrity computers said it was when my TA tried to change it). Fortunately, she called Celebrity and got them to honor the fare and let me keep my existing perks (123 and on-board booking bonus). Given that the reviews I've read have all said that Blu on Summit is great, I've very glad I did the upgrade (I always wanted to try AQ but the price differential was always too high).

Last summer I was watching for Bermuda fare drops and they didn't happen nearly this early. In fact, by the time the price came down on June 1st for the cruise I was looking at in August, I had found a Baltic cruise for a ridiculous price and we did that instead.

Edited by MisterBill99

Christine & Ron

The take 2, is now take 2 plus, and you do not need to book flights with ChoiceAir to qualify for both incentives.

Hello there,

Can you please send an email to concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com? We can have someone reach out to assist.

Thanks Celebrity Cruises! We heard from your team this evening and were able to reach a quick and happy resolution! Looking forward to Bermuda in August! :D

Christine and Ron

Thanks Celebrity Cruises! We heard from your team this evening and were able to reach a quick and happy resolution! Looking forward to Bermuda in August! :D

Christine and Ron

Hi Christine and Ron, now this is certainly nice to see:)...glad everything

worked out for you:)

Amazing how good the customer service is before the final payment but after you make your final payment they do not want to hear from you.

How is that different than anywhere else? You'll always get better service before they have your money.

When will Celebrity release the Repo for Summit 2016 from San Juan to Bayonne? I am looking to book 2Suites

Cruising is wicked awesome

Next year. They release itineraies in March/April every year.