Two bottle rule

flyboy3

I understand that you may bring 2 bottles of wine onboard. Can you bring 2 bottles onboard in every port or just for embarkation?

2 bottles at embarkation which you can take to your room to enjoy there or take to dinner with a $25 corkage fee.

If you bring additional bottles at later ports the policy is they are stored for you until the end of the cruise to bring home.

Sometimes policy and service do not quite align so that you can enjoy a glass of local wine after a day in port.

Edited by helpthejuggler

Any tips on getting a bottle on board after being in port

Get wife out on balcony with long piece of rope lowered down to boat your'e in because you facing away from dock tie bottle to rope and get to haul up (the bottle that is, not you) so cost £5.00 for wine £40.00 hire of boat embarrassment of being caught, may be better to just buy bottle on board. :D:D

Edited by snowyboy

But they do scan all bags. Is it worth it ??:cool:

I am happy they scan all the bags. We often take a bottle back from port to bring it home or enjoy it as we pack on the last night. If it gets to our room sooner then we will try a glass before this time.

It is worth it to us. I don't care when we get the wine or if it comes home or to the post cruise hotel.

I take the 2 bottles on-board initially, get a sparkling wine in our room and with perhaps 1 more bottle this gives us a glass each afternoon as we relax or change for dinner. We then go out and enjoy the bars for the evening. It does not alter our behaviour but adds to the modern luxury experience. If I have no wine in the room, I can't be bothered going to fetch one from a bar or order room service, so just skip it.

Edited by helpthejuggler

We did a 11-night Greek islands cruise last year on Reflection, and they never confiscated any bottles of wine we brought on board from the ports we visited. Of course, so many people had the beverage packages, so I'm guessing they really didn't care.

We did a 11-night Greek islands cruise last year on Reflection, and they never confiscated any bottles of wine we brought on board from the ports we visited. Of course, so many people had the beverage packages, so I'm guessing they really didn't care.

I had the same thought

Mike, that was a great tour in Santorini and a terrific cruise. We are on Solstice in January for NZ cruise. Any chance you could make it??

Celebrity treats you like adults, that is why we love them. we each brought on 2 bottles they didn't say a thing, since we had the beverage package we never even opened them. Other cruise lines make such a big deal of it.

Celebrity treats you like adults, that is why we love them. we each brought on 2 bottles they didn't say a thing, since we had the beverage package we never even opened them. Other cruise lines make such a big deal of it.

Interesting view but actually they look at individuals, not cabins....so if you have two bottles in your carry on, that's OK, and if the next person has two bottles in their carry on, that's also OK. Yes, they treat everyone as adults and they trust that you will follow their policies. Obviously, some adults don't....

This is not our experience. P&O let you take wine/spirits on board, buy them in duty free to drink and allow you to being on board. Cunard allow wine/spirits to be taken on board and at each port. Disney allow wine/spirits to be taken on board and at ports. Princess allow wine and wine at ports. To me that means treating passengers as adults. I have travelled with these lines and had no problem.

We would take a bottle of gin with a pack of tonics - a nice drink whilst getting ready to go out for the evening. Even though these lines allow you to take reasonable amounts if drinks I am sure not many would spend their time sitting in their balcony drinking - could be at home!

Mike, that was a great tour in Santorini and a terrific cruise. We are on Solstice in January for NZ cruise. Any chance you could make it??

Hi Mark, yes, that was a lot of fun. Great food & wine along with tour of the island.

We're pretty booked thru 2015. Looking for a good European river cruise deal for 2016.

Hi Mark, yes, that was a lot of fun. Great food & wine along with tour of the island.

We're pretty booked thru 2015. Looking for a good European river cruise deal for 2016.

Don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll just say we thoroughly enjoyed the AMA Christmas Markets cruise and are booked on them again for a Rhone river cruise this July. Send me an email if you want further information.

....Even though these lines allow you to take reasonable amounts if drinks I am sure not many would spend their time sitting in their balcony drinking - could be at home!

You must be very lucky if you get a cruise ship like balcony view from your home.:p

At my house I only have a view of trees and a sliver of lake about 100 yards away, and as nice as it is, the scenery never changes....:D

Sitting on the balcony watching the world go by with a happy hour drink or just-before-bed sip IS one of the reasons we cruise. :)

Edited by A Sixth?

I am totally confused some our saying 2 bottles per room some our saying 2 bottles each in hand luggage I know the rule is 2 bottles per cabin but what do they actually let on we are going on a alaskan cruise

Thanks

I am totally confused some our saying 2 bottles per room some our saying 2 bottles each in hand luggage I know the rule is 2 bottles per cabin but what do they actually let on we are going on a alaskan cruise

Thanks

Officially, 2 750ml bottles per cabin at embarkation point only. X handles that rule like most of their rules I.e. selectively enforced. How you choose to interpret that rule is up to you. 2 bottles in your carryon, 2 in the carryon of your spouse, 2 in each piece of luggage... You're only limited by your imagination. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Celebrity's policy is 2 bottles per cabin at the initial embarkation only. From time to time there is a lot of talk about enforcement of this and ways to break, or "get around", the rules on these boards. Whether you choose to do so is something you have to decide for yourself.