Is Carnival Victory having problems?

I read that three times and was like....why does he think I'm a woman. Then it clicked. Must be that dry (New) England style humor :D

And I thought my sly humour (note the insertion of the u) was beyond reproach.:D

Hi :)

Wow....:eek: the video of that stateroom aboard the Victory from July 1, 2013 is

certainly unacceptable.

Hopefully things have changed since July 1, 2013 and this issue was resolved

long before the Victory's recent dry-dock that took place from March 21, 2015

to April 4, 2015.

:)

I love how you underlined March 21, 2015 to really drive home your point ...........................

Edit* How do you type 2015 twice?? Serious?

Edited by cbell21219

You stay in $39 motel rooms?:confused:

Actually between you two sparing, a $39 motel is a good example of Carnival. I stay in $39 HOTELS all the time, in Vegas, Laughlin, and Reno. They're 2.5 - 3 stars. Just like the cruise lines, they're subsidized by gambling, entertainment, shopping. We just want Carnival to keep up with the Tropicana or Excalibur standards, it might not be the MGM, but we don't want it turning into Circus Circus (for those familiar with Vegas).

Actually between you two sparing, a $39 motel is a good example of Carnival. I stay in $39 HOTELS all the time, in Vegas, Laughlin, and Reno. They're 2.5 - 3 stars. Just like the cruise lines, they're subsidized by gambling, entertainment, shopping. We just want Carnival to keep up with the Tropicana or Excalibur standards, it might not be the MGM, but we don't want it turning into Circus Circus (for those familiar with Vegas).

Sparing, surely you jest. You are a funny person on the $39 comparison as well. Yawn:cool:

I have been on 5 different Carnival ships and never saw such conditions. However, It wasn't so bad to bring his situation to light. It shows that Carnival is not perfect and can only make them better. It appears that the balcony cabins suffer more corrosion than interior cabins due to their exposure to the high humidity and salty air. I don't blame him for showing this, I would have been angry at those conditions too, and for allowing any stateroom to get to that level. But I am still a Carnival fan through and through, and am excited about boarding the Breeze in a couple weeks!! I bet the Victory has had its Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades since then! Apparently, it hadn't at that point.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

She gets her upgrades early next year

Was on her in December in room 8228. Everything was great. No complaint except they kicked me off at the end.

She will get her 2.0 upgrade next year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

My bathroom in cabin 6449 on Victory had a couple loose tiles near the base of the door and ceiling could have used some fresh paint, but it was pretty minor.

Overall, I found the cleanliness pretty good. It could use some fresh paint in areas though.

Sparing, surely you jest. You are a funny person on the $39 comparison as well. Yawn:cool:

Perhaps, but I don't see why anyone should answer to you, what hotel they stay at is none of your business. We're not here to make you feel good about yourself, that's your job. ;)

Perhaps, but I don't see why anyone should answer to you, what hotel they stay at is none of your business. We're not here to make you feel good about yourself, that's your job. ;)

Lol, nobody "answers" to me. This is cruisecritic. People (even you) post things (for many reasons) and people comment on these posts. I have no idea what the make me feel good line is all about. Where did you find the you tube? When is it from? You posted a video I made comments some said it was like a cheap motel room (cleanliness wise) I questioned the post and was answered, then you trashed Carnival saying they were like a cheap motel room, which tells us why you posted the link. I hope you have a nice cruise on the elation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Lol, nobody "answers" to me. This is cruisecritic. People (even you) post things (for many reasons) and people comment on these posts. I have no idea what the make me feel good line is all about. Where did you find the you tube? When is it from? You posted a video I made comments some said it was like a cheap motel room (cleanliness wise) I questioned the post and was answered, then you trashed Carnival saying they were like a cheap motel room, which tells us why you posted the link. I hope you have a nice cruise on the elation.

I think your memory is a bit off. Where did you read me say that people shouldn't leave comments? Where did I find you tube? I don't understand the question. :confused: The date is on the video. I never compared Carnival to a cheap motel, only a 3 star Vegas hotel. Only a loyalist would get offended by that! :eek:

I think your memory is a bit off. Where did you read me say that people shouldn't leave comments? Where did I find you tube? I don't understand the question. :confused: The date is on the video. I never compared Carnival to a cheap motel, only a 3 star Vegas hotel. Only a loyalist would get offended by that! :eek:

Not my memory sailor.. You actually did both a $39 cheap hotel and three star check out your post 28. My post was on yours was in refernece to the sparring comment. I don't like labels and name calling much the same as if I called you a Carnival basher. We can move on now. I am sure there might be a vid of the splendor fire we can discuss.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by jimbo5544

Not my memory sailor.. You actually did both a $39 cheap hotel and three star check out your post 28. My post was on yours was in refernece to the sparring comment. I don't like labels and name calling much the same as if I called you a Carnival basher. We can move on now. I am sure there might be a vid of the splendor fire we can discuss.

I thought you actually liked sparing? At least you claimed to when someone backed down instantly (which isn't sparing bye the way). I come to their defense, and you want me to leave my own thread? Ummm, no. It seems you like sucker punching, and don't do well when actually confronted.

Never made such a comparison, but if I did, what were my details? Also had I done so, why is this only bothering you? You are more than welcome to call me a Carnival basher, I just expect you to provide examples of what you're talking about.

I thought you actually liked sparing? At least you claimed to when someone backed down instantly (which isn't sparing bye the way). I come to their defense, and you want me to leave my own thread? Ummm, no. It seems you like sucker punching, and don't do well when actually confronted.

Never made such a comparison, but if I did, what were my details? Also had I done so, why is this only bothering you? You are more than welcome to call me a Carnival basher, I just expect you to provide examples of what you're talking about.

I'd like to know the purpose of your 1st post. The u tube clip was a year old, yet the title of your thread did not in anyway indicate that. Your title was about Victory slipping and you used the word IS as if it was current.

I'd like to know the purpose of your 1st post. The u tube clip was a year old, yet the title of your thread did not in anyway indicate that. Your title was about Victory slipping and you used the word IS as if it was current.

Actually it was a question meant for those who've recently sailed the Victory. The purpose of the question? Getting answers.

My wife and I cruised on The Victory this past April and loved every minute of it. The ship was clean. Our cabin was very well taken care of by our cabin steward, Who was great person. He made us feel like we were old friends. There was always someone on the outer deck picking up anything that didn't belong. We absolutely loved Half Moon Cay. The island bbq, was something. The beach was amazing.

We would sail on The Victory again.