Production Shows Decreased 😥

Jana60

I'm sorry, but even on Royal and Norwegian there are only 2-4 main big production shows on a seven day cruise.

I'm sooty but last week we enjoy Hairspay and Up in the Airin the main theater each had its own cast on over 16 including acrobats plus a real band. In addition to that there was a 45 minute water show which had a cast of divers, accrobats, swimmers at least 20 people for this show - it was the best show we ever seen on the ovean. Then of course there was the ice show another separate cast plus gust performer. All better than CCLs best shows

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Princess, Holland America and Celebrity all have very similar pricing structures and Carnival is not always the cheapest...

I checked prices on all of those lines today.. and none even come close to what I could cruise for on Carnival. I keep reading things like what you are saying...and yet still cannot find anything comparable... how about an actual comparison for something maybe in October/November?? Just curious as i see nothing...

I checked prices on all of those lines today.. and none even come close to what I could cruise for on Carnival. I keep reading things like what you are saying...and yet still cannot find anything comparable... how about an actual comparison for something maybe in October/November?? Just curious as i see nothing...

Those cruise lines do have similar pricing structures, as they are all capacity controlled. Have you looked at all rates you qualify for and also reached out to high volume travel agents that are able to discount the best available rate for certain lines? When you combine other promotions, including sales, future cruise certificates, loyalty credit, TA benefits, the net price can be significantly less than Carnival's offerings. Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are usually in the same price range for a comparable sailing, with cruise lines such as Princess, Holland America and Celebrity usually a little higher, but sometimes less. Celebrity's 1-2-3-GO promotion has been very popular for them, offering a complimentary alcohol package.

Edited by Disconnections

I'm sooty but last week we enjoy Hairspay and Up in the Airin the main theater each had its own cast on over 16 including acrobats plus a real band. In addition to that there was a 45 minute water show which had a cast of divers, accrobats, swimmers at least 20 people for this show - it was the best show we ever seen on the ovean. Then of course there was the ice show another separate cast plus gust performer. All better than CCLs best shows]

No question that the production show entertainment on the Allure and Oasis class outshine the other mass market cruise lines as well as the other ships in the RCCL fleet.

But NicNac pointed out that there were typically 2 - 4 production shows on 7 night cruises and you listed 4 production shows (Hairspray / Up In The Air / Water Show / Ice Show). Where is the disagreement?

I don't remember seeing any production shows on Princess with live music. In any event, Carnival is moving to 30 minute production shows to allow the passengers to have more entertainment choices. Passengers no longer have to plan an evening around a long show and can break it up into several different activities

Don't be surprised if in the next series of ship makeovers the theater is "upgraded" to make more shops and inside balcony cabins.

Right now, it's not a revenue generating space, and I doubt CCL could charge admission to its shows.

You're right on the nail with this observation. The truly pathetic "shows" that were offered on the Breeze sent us to other cruise lines that still offer legitimate production shows and real entertainment in the evenings.

Let's get realistic here. Mickey Arison has to pay for his new $65 million Gulfstream G650 jet. Where does that money come from? Also, do you think Carnival's insurance premiums are going down after the Costa Concordia debacle?

I don't expect you'll be getting Andrew Lloyd Webber shows on the ships anytime soon.

I don't expect you'll be getting Andrew Lloyd Webber shows on the ships anytime soon.

Nope don't expect nor would I want to spend 4 hours in the showroom. We typically stop in the show for 20 minutes and then move on and that has been on any cruise line. I myself do not share in the fascination of these production shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't remember seeing any production shows on Princess with live music. In any event, Carnival is moving to 30 minute production shows to allow the passengers to have more entertainment choices. Passengers no longer have to plan an evening around a long show and can break it up into several different activities

I was already able to engage in several activities every evening when they had the live shows without the video screen and the canned music. In fact I booked my next cruise based on whether they still have the live band. I went to each ship description and excluded those who listed their shows as being "playlist production". Problem is, only their 5 day or less cruises have the old show type.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

[quote name=Jana60;43294935. Problem is' date=' only their 5 day or less cruises have the old show type.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app[/quote]

NOT TRUE! I know for a fact, (I've sailed these two ships recently, and enjoyed the BIG shows) that "Dream", and "Liberty" both have the 1.0, BIG shows with band, lots of dancers, and at least two production singers. Both of these ships offer excellent shows. Give 'em a shot!

"SKY"

Edited by SkyMaster

Really? We were on the Indy back in April. They did not have a production show every night. We thought Carnival and RCI were pretty much the same entertainment-wise. Here is the main theater schedule from our Cruise Compasses.

Day 1 - Welcome Aboard (6 pm)

Day 2 - Savannah Jack (production)( 9 pm and 10:45pm)

Day 3 - Randy Cabral - juggler ( 7p and 9p)

Day 4 - Love & Marriage Show (10pm) and Ice Show at 8:30 pm.

Day 5 - Ron Lucas - ventriloquist (7 pm and 9 pm)

Day 6 - Farewell Production Show (7 pm and 9 pm)

So, two official production shows on a 6 day cruise...pretty typical of what we get on Carnival IMO.

Until last week I have only sailed carnival and was happy with the entertainment.

But I gave royal a try and wow the difference is day and night. What I e x experienced last week has made me realized that carnival needs to step up there game or they will loose the folks like me that are looking for mow then hairy chest contests.

MSC Divina has a production show each night:

Day 1: Frank Forever--> Musical tribute to Frank Sinatra

Day2: Wonderland--> A wonderful World of Imagination

Day3: Simply Italian--> The Most Beloved Italian Songs

Day4 The Witches Of Paris--> French Variety At Its Best

Day5: Pirates--> Pirate Stories

Day6: Starwalker--> Michael Jackson Tribute

Day7: The Tribute--> A Modern Representation Od Some Of The Most Famous Opera Arias

Obviously some of these shows we skip because they do not fit our taste but there is always a production show each night in the 1600 seat theatre as well as live music in almost every club and lounge.

Here's an example of their Starwalker show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyIsC3PDok0&feature=youtu.be

MSC Divina has a production show each night:

Day 1: Frank Forever--> Musical tribute to Frank Sinatra

Day2: Wonderland--> A wonderful World of Imagination

Day3: Simply Italian--> The Most Beloved Italian Songs

Day4 The Witches Of Paris--> French Variety At Its Best

Day5: Pirates--> Pirate Stories

Day6: Starwalker--> Michael Jackson Tribute

Day7: The Tribute--> A Modern Representation Od Some Of The Most Famous Opera Arias

Obviously some of these shows we skip because they do not fit our taste but there is always a production show each night in the 1600 seat theatre as well as live music in almost every club and lounge.

Here's an example of their Starwalker show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyIsC3PDok0&feature=youtu.be

Some of those shows could have been around for decades. How often do they change?

Comparing OV cabins on the Magic and Navigator, out of Galveston, on the exact same route and the same day using a very popular cruise website: rates for Magic is 619 and Navigator is 629. But the Navigator price includes tips so it's really like 550.

Comparing OV cabins on the Magic and Navigator, out of Galveston, on the exact same route and the same day using a very popular cruise website: rates for Magic is 619 and Navigator is 629. But the Navigator price includes tips so it's really like 550.

I've sailed on both magic and navigator. Magic is beautiful and one of the newest Carnival Cruise Line ships. Navigator is OK but does not have the large FREE serenity area with hot tubs. They had 1 ice show on Navigator but no comedy club and very little karaoke. The shows in the main show room were definitely better on Navigator. We had a great time on our Navigator cruise but this was also highly influenced by our ports of call which were Rome, Athens, Crete, and Ephesus Turkey. On navigator they had multiple tiny little clubs on the promenade with little trios or single performer groups. But we could never get a seat and there's a limit to how long I can stand. Like the other ships in most of the cruise lines, after the main show, as great as it is, there really isn't much to do if you're unable to walk or stand for long periods. We went to bed early most nights on navigator due to this and early tours. I wouldn't want to do that in the Caribbean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60