Athens - 3:30 AM flight arrival

MSPCUBS

Has anyone taken the BA flight from London to Athens that gets in at 3:30 AM? In order to use miles, this is my only option. I would plan on coming in a day before the cruise. My question would be how to handle the 3:30 AM arrival. What hotel did you use? How did you get there? Any problems?

Thanks for any info.

The Stofiel at the airport. Join their club accor hotels I believe, and rates are sometime cheaper. See if they have a 6 hours or less rate. Some hotels do. It is located on the aiport, bridge from the baggage area to the hotel. If you don't I would arrange for a car and driver to a hotel near the port. Lots of good suggestions on these boards. If you are going on a cruise. thake the bus to the port. Lot of info on these board as where to board the bus and where it will let you off. All other hotels are off hotel proper, and will require a taxi. Cost is higher in the middle of the night, also

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Sofitel Athens Airport the night before our flight to London, and loved it. Our room was great, and very quiet. The food in the main restaurant was very good, there's a nice bar with a patio, and the staff were all excellent. And it's almost IN the airport!

We got a good rate from LastMinuteTravel.