Summit - where to park at terminal?

Pennstatedj

First, you might want to mention in your title that you're talking about Cape Liberty. Then you should have posted this in the forum that talks about that port. Now, as for your answer (which I just posted in the roll call thread for my cruise, since someone else asked about parking and I can just cut and paste it here).

There are only two options. Park at the pier, or Premier Parking, which is nearby and shuttles you to the pier. Unfortunately, I've read too many negative comments here about Premier to consider using them.

Last time we cruised out of Bayonne, we parked at a new off-airport garage near Newark Airport that was offering a free shuttle to the pier and was only $8 a day. It was a great deal, especially since it was the winter and I liked the idea of an indoor garage in case it snowed while we were away. Sadly, last I heard they were no longer offering the shuttle to the pier so that is not an option.

Is a reservation necessary or recommended for parking at the Cape Liberty terminal...right at the port? How far is it then from the terminal? Can you walk or do you need to get shuttled? If there are shuttles, how often do they run?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is a reservation necessary or recommended for parking at the Cape Liberty terminal...right at the port? How far is it then from the terminal? Can you walk or do you need to get shuttled? If there are shuttles, how often do they run?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No there are no reservations for parking at the port. You drop off your luggage with the porters, then pull out and enter the parking lot which is a few feet away. No shuttle for this as you are right next to the check in terminal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by CruisingChick

In May of 2013 there was a shuttle. Depending on where you are parked in the lot it may be easier and faster to walk. The longest walk is thru the terminal. if your in laws aren't going on the cruise they can drop you off as there is no need or place for them.

I have also seen that there was a special deal for residents of NY and NJ to park free at the port as a promo.

Edited by miched