Booking questions

Just getting ready to book 14nt cruise on jade. It can be booked separately as two different 7nt cruises or as one 14nt cruise. There will be three of us on both legs all from the us. My cousin may be joining us for one leg or both or perhaps none. She is an Italian citizen. The cruise is not until next summer but only two staterooms left in cat I'm looking at so will probably purchase tomorrow.

Should I book the 14 nt cruise for all four of us and then potentially cancel one or both portions for Italian? Booking the 14 nt cruise is $200 less than booking two separate cruises.

Should I book two separate 7nt; each with four passengers and then potentially drop Italian from one or both legs (good possibility she will only do a seven nt)

Insurance wise will I need to purchase two separate policies for two cruises if I book back to back (plan on booking thru big box ta for cheaper ins)

I'll also ask ta but not sure how knowledgable they are. Some people on these boards have an immense wealth of knowledge so thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks, Kim

kim. my wife and i are booked on 14 night Jade cruise May 2015. booking 14 night is cheaper and if u book 9 months in advance u can get on board credit. travel insurance is based on total price of vacation, and not the number of nights so when u add up the cruise airfare and hotel, thats is what travel insurance would be based on

Edited by AF-1

kim. my wife and i are booked on 14 night Jade cruise May 2015. booking 14 night is cheaper and if u book 9 months in advance u can get on board credit. travel insurance is based on total price of vacation, and not the number of nights so when u add up the cruise airfare and hotel, thats is what travel insurance would be based on

Thanks. We will be on the may 2nd departure. One daughter is studying abroad in florence for the year. Other daughter and I are flying over a few days prior. I purchased everyone's airfare today. Got the last few award flights and this far out! Airlines are sure getting stingy with award travel.

We will be sailing inside stateroom with three or four. Will defin be purchasing spa passes. The cost was just too much for a suite or balcony. I'm hoping prices will come down but if not I think we will do fine in an inside.

Husband and I sailed on sister ship, pearl, last yr in haven and loved it. Daughter and I did exact same cruise last summer in an inside/last min and we had just as much fun/felt almost as pampered. Now four girls may be tough but we decided better to do 14 days inside vs. seven in a suite for more $. Here's hoping that rate is still avail in the morning.

well we should see you at meet and mingle on second half. we board on the 9th and debark on 23. our adult son and daughter will be joining us for second half 16-23. they cant get that much vacation.

i think California Traveler has already started a roll car for the 2 May trip

Sounds good. Just finished booking. Decided against the inside stateroom money saving idea. Got a little claustrophobic thinking of four of us in a room. The insurance plan did not cover the Italian.

Ended up booking one 14 nt vs two 7 nights. Quite a savings and one booking vs. two separate cruises.

Even though it can be booked as one cruise, since it is b2b they will give you two separate reservation numbers and two different final payment dates, probably 7 days apart. We got the same inside cabin for both our cruises, but since the first one is 19 days the final payment is due 2/3/15 for the Panama Canal, while the last ten days cruise in Alaska is not due until 2/22/15. Not that there is much time value to money these days, but having separate final payment days could help.

If there is a chance you will not be taking both segments, then book them separate.

As to insurance, there are 3rd party companies that will cover both, and probably close the the price as one segment.

Thank you. I ended up changing cabin type and booking as one reservation, one 14 nt cruise. I did get in writing from TA that I can cancel Italian should I need to up to final pmt. If she only does half the trip it will still cost less than booking two separate cruises. Here's hoping I made the right choice. TA recommended I do it this way.

I will advise Italian to purchase travel ins thru an Italian TA for health emergencies but I don't think I'll be due any type of refund should she cancel after final pmt. I'm sure she'll have decided by then.

Even though it can be booked as one cruise, since it is b2b they will give you two separate reservation numbers and two different final payment dates, probably 7 days apart. We got the same inside cabin for both our cruises, but since the first one is 19 days the final payment is due 2/3/15 for the Panama Canal, while the last ten days cruise in Alaska is not due until 2/22/15. Not that there is much time value to money these days, but having separate final payment days could help.

I have booked the same ship for 14 nights, Sept 2015, and have only 1 reservation number and 1 final payment date. I did the same 4 years ago and had the same experience.

They did, however, treat the 2010 cruise as 2 separate cruises for the purpose of "past guest" in that they gave us a new S & S card for the 2nd week, we were invited to the past guest party, and were given 2 cruise credits (back in the days when the loyalty program was based on number of cruises.)

I have booked the same ship for 14 nights, Sept 2015, and have only 1 reservation number and 1 final payment date. I did the same 4 years ago and had the same experience.

When I first booked the 29 day b2b for April, 2015, about 7 months ago it was listed as one 29 day cruise on My NCL. About 2 months ago the second leg did not show up any longer, and my PCC said change in policy, had to be booked as 2 cruises for reservation number purposes. I paid the same original price, had the same cabin for both cruises, and then got to use one of those $250 deposits that I bought for $150 for the second cruise, so the change in policy saved me $100. Interesting to see if the same happens to you. PCC told me you could always use two cruise rewards on b2b cruises, worth investigating.

When I first booked the 29 day b2b for April, 2015, about 7 months ago it was listed as one 29 day cruise on My NCL. About 2 months ago the second leg did not show up any longer, and my PCC said change in policy, had to be booked as 2 cruises for reservation number purposes. I paid the same original price, had the same cabin for both cruises, and then got to use one of those $250 deposits that I bought for $150 for the second cruise, so the change in policy saved me $100. Interesting to see if the same happens to you. PCC told me you could always use two cruise rewards on b2b cruises, worth investigating.

Interesting about the future cruise credits, but I don't have any - bought one in 2010, used it for my 2012 Hawaii booking which I ened up having to cancel :-(