Kusadasi market

There are shops galore within a very short walk of where the ships dock. Street after street of them! I assume they are open every day, I have been there at least four or five times over the years and shops are always open.

There are a lot of knock off goods there, combined with very aggressive shop keepers. For example, shops advertise Pandora but one shopkeeper told me it is all fakes. Frankly, I used to enjoy Kusadisi more when The shopkeepers weren't so pushy. Yes, I know a simple no thank you should suffice, but after awhile it gets annoying!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Frankly, I used to enjoy Kusadisi more when The shopkeepers weren't so pushy. Yes, I know a simple no thank you should suffice, but after awhile it gets annoying!

It's funny, the last couple of times I was in Kusadasi, I actually thought the shopkeepers had "toned it down" a couple of notches. The first few times I went, it was pretty aggressive. It doesn't seem as much so now; I thought perhaps they'd gotten the point that many tourists don't like such a hard sell.

The markets and shops have been open each time we have visited but seem to be selling a lot of stuff aimed at tourists and who can blame the.We don't enjoy shopping here at all. Traders are very persistent and off putting. Lots of fakes and signs advertising genuine fakes!

I have shopped there and in Sirince….. but the market in Kusadasi does have some quality stores. DH and I purchased the most wonderful leather jackets…..soft as butter and comfortable. DH bargained (as he always does) and we got a really nice price. There are those stores that have the "tourist junk" but if you keep your eyes open there are some good ones too. I also purchased a purse made of a beautiful rug like fabric. I bargained on that one and also paid a very good price :D

We only found a few of the shopkeepers a bit pushy…. I just smile and keep walking - works for me anyway.