Thalassotherapy pool on Zaandam

Faircliff

I have friends (newbie cruisers) traveling on the Zaandam to Alaska this summer. Having once been on the Zuiderdam, I was telling them about the Thalassotherapy pool and hot stone benches. Could anyone confirm that the pool is the same size and general layout? Also, does anyone know the current rate per day and if they bought a pass for the entire seven-day cruise? Help and general info greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The Zaandam (an R-class ship) does not have a T-pool; it has a glorified hot tub. It does have the heated ceramic loungers, however.

Only the Vista and Signature class ships have the full T-pool.

Oh dear. Thank you for the quick response however. That is the wonderful thing about these forums… One can get an answer here much quicker than surfing the net.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The Zaandam (an R-class ship) does not have a T-pool; it has a glorified hot tub. It does have the heated ceramic loungers, however.

Ruth is correct (as usual)!

We were just on the sister ship Volendam - 7 day AK. Cost was only $149 per couple (it was $249 on the printed Spa sheet).

While the pool can only hold 4 people, unlike the Vista class huge pools), one thing it does have that is better is the great view (at the extreme front of the ship)! We were in the pool while cruising Glacier Bay and had great views. It was also fun looking down at all the people in the bow all bundled up viewing the same views we had. Its a tough life, but someone has to do it!

DaveOKC

I was on the Zaandam in February and checked into the spa package. I was shocked to hear they were charging same fees as with the bigger ships with much better pool and spa facilities. When I asked why, they tried explaining that the room with the glorified hot tub and ceramic lounges offered the only access to a small private viewing deck for seeing the sights. I didn't buy into.

I was on the Zaandam in February and checked into the spa package. I was shocked to hear they were charging same fees as with the bigger ships with much better pool and spa facilities. When I asked why, they tried explaining that the room with the glorified hot tub and ceramic lounges offered the only access to a small private viewing deck for seeing the sights. I didn't buy into.

The access to this deck was also through the serenity SPA room as I recall.

DaveOKC

Ruth, thought you'd be interested. I bought a pass for the T-pool on the Oosterdam. The damn chlorine was so strong, it turned my sterling silver necklaces and pendants black. I am still trying to get them clean. If they don't clean up, Mr. Kruse will be hearing from me. Beware, all - remove your silver , including rings.:(

Ruth, thought you'd be interested. I bought a pass for the T-pool on the Oosterdam. The damn chlorine was so strong, it turned my sterling silver necklaces and pendants black. I am still trying to get them clean. If they don't clean up, Mr. Kruse will be hearing from me. Beware, all - remove your silver , including rings.:(

I'm so sorry your jewelry was damaged! I do hope it cleans up; can you take it to a jeweler for advice?

Good advice about not wearing it in the T-pool. Remove gold, too. Chlorine can do a number on gold, too.

I never wear jewelry when I'm in the water---whether a pool, T-pool, hot tub, or the ocean. No sense taking any chances.