Getaway pictures

roger001

Wonderful pictures! The towel animal party was too cute!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks. It was cute. On our last night, as we were returning from dinner, our wonderful cabin steward Christian stopped us at the cabin door. He said he had entered to turn down our cabin for the evening. He found all the towel animals having a drunken party while we were gone. The next morning as we were leaving the ship, he said he would place all of them with a good animal adoption agency. Here's those two pics for those that don't want to dig through my "way too many" pictures otherwise.

DSCN6250_zps11b5d6f5.jpg

DSCN6249_zps9012e6bd.jpg

Edited by roger001

Great photos, thanks for posting. Was the cabin a regular balcony? Looked very small.

Yes. Regular balcony cabin. We normally book a mini suite on the other ships. Because this was a last minute booking, only standard balcony cabins left. However, it appears on the Getaway that there is not much difference in the standard and the mini, and it appeared that the balconies on both were the same size. And yes, they are small balconies, the smallest of the NCL ships we've been on. I did go look at a deck 8 large balcony mini. Those balconies are super nice. They appear to be at least as deep as they are wide, maybe more. One of them I looked at had a standard type table (one you can sit at) and 4 chairs around it, with room to spare. If we sail the Getaway again, and the price difference isn't too great, we will book one of those minis. However, the balcony we had was very adequate, just not what we have had before.

I just noticed you might have been referring to the cabin size itself. If so, I thought it was pretty close to the standard cabins sizes we have had on the other ships. The only thing I think would be nice would be a small desk chair. The weird box that had to slide out from under the desk area was too much trouble...and heavy. All we used it for was to store the mini bar items out of the refridge. Although we are used to a mini suite size cabin (the Sun minis are super great), we were very comfortable in this cabin.

Edited by roger001

Yes. Regular balcony cabin. We normally book a mini suite on the other ships. Because this was a last minute booking, only standard balcony cabins left. However, it appears on the Getaway that there is not much difference in the standard and the mini, and it appeared that the balconies on both were the same size. And yes, they are small balconies, the smallest of the NCL ships we've been on. I did go look at a deck 8 large balcony mini. Those balconies are super nice. They appear to be at least as deep as they are wide, maybe more. One of them I looked at had a standard type table (one you can sit at) and 4 chairs around it, with room to spare. If we sail the Getaway again, and the price difference isn't too great, we will book one of those minis. However, the balcony we had was very adequate, just not what we have had before.

I just noticed you might have been referring to the cabin size itself. If so, I thought it was pretty close to the standard cabins sizes we have had on the other ships. The only thing I think would be nice would be a small desk chair. The weird box that had to slide out from under the desk area was too much trouble...and heavy. All we used it for was to store the mini bar items out of the refridge. Although we are used to a mini suite size cabin (the Sun minis are super great), we were very comfortable in this cabin.

Your first paragraph was right, I was referring to the balcony...Sorry I didn't make that clear. I did think the cabin looked the standard size except I couldn't tell the size of the closet. We are gals traveling together with lots of hang-ups. Was the wall of shelves also the hang-up closet?

Your first paragraph was right, I was referring to the balcony...Sorry I didn't make that clear. I did think the cabin looked the standard size except I couldn't tell the size of the closet. We are gals traveling together with lots of hang-ups. Was the wall of shelves also the hang-up closet?

Yes. The shelves (with the safe) were on the left side of that area covered by two sliding doors. Here's the pic of that area with both doors closed. What is not shelves then is hanging closet room.

<a href=DSCN5831_zps8d94d2c6.jpg' alt='DSCN5831_

Here are way too many Getaway pictures...I think 194. They are unedited and unorganized. Many are similar shots......because from day to day, I couldn't remember what I'd taken a picture of already. But who cares...ain't digital wonderful.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/library/Getaway1?sort=2&page=1

Really enjoyed your slideshow. They gave a real feel for the ship. 12 more days and I get to see for myself!

Yes. The shelves (with the safe) were on the left side of that area covered by two sliding doors. Here's the pic of that area with both doors closed. What is not shelves then is hanging closet room.

Wow, they really cut down the amount of shelves AND the closet size compared to my previous NCL cruises. (Jewel and Jade). Guess I need to pack things I can store in my suit case. :rolleyes: Hope there is still room under the bed for suit cases...lol Not a big deal, but glad to know in advance. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Here are way too many Getaway pictures...I think 194. They are unedited and unorganized. Many are similar shots......because from day to day, I couldn't remember what I'd taken a picture of already. But who cares...ain't digital wonderful.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/library/Getaway1?sort=2&page=1

Awesome! I didn't think there were too many :D

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! Did you go into the ice bar? That looks interesting.

I did not. I think it's about a $20 charge, which also includes a couple of drinks. Sitting at the Mojito bar right across from it, I did watch folks bundle up in the provided cold weather garb provided and go in. It didn't seem very busy though.

Wow, they really cut down the amount of shelves AND the closet size compared to my previous NCL cruises. (Jewel and Jade). Guess I need to pack things I can store in my suit case. :rolleyes: Hope there is still room under the bed for suit cases...lol Not a big deal, but glad to know in advance. Thanks again.

The pictures can be deceiving. We had 3 girls all waaaayyyy over packed and had plenty of room for all of our clothes. The shelves are roomy, you also have 2 deep drawers under the couch you can use, plus multiple shelves under the "desk" area. Lots of storage space in the bathroom as well. At least for the 3 of us... I think there were 15 hangers in the closet, so if you may need more than that, you may want to pack more...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Great photos of this ship.....Thank you so much. Did you happen to notice how deep the water is in the waterfalls area, which I believe is in the Spice H2O area ..... I mean can people actually stand under it and sit down ( or is it like only 2 inches deep ) ? 60 days and I ll be aboard !!! Thanks

Edited by balcap

Great photos of this ship.....Thank you so much. Did you happen to notice how deep the water is in the waterfalls area, which I believe is in the Spice H2O area ..... I mean can people actually stand under it and sit down ( or is it like only 2 inches deep ) ? 60 days and I ll be aboard !!! Thanks

This link might give you a bit of an idea about the waterfall area. It was my favourite area to cool down on our recent trip, but I clearly spent WAY too much time cooling down and not enough time taking pictures, as I only seem to have one!! :o

There is no deep water in the area and yes, you can stand under it and sit around. There are raised bench-like areas at the back and all around the edge of it. Hope this helps......and that the link works!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=images+of+spice+h2o+on+the+getaway&biw=1350&bih=665&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=usIMVPGVD8rgaPvqgWA&ved=0CCAQsAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Lf0kIyc0GyU0zM%253A%3B7b6P444vpvxLjM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fbeyondships.com%252Fsitebuilder%252Fimages%252F2_spice_pool_2-382x280.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fbeyondships.com%252FNorwegianGetaway-Tour-2.html%3B382%3B280