Luggage Size Requirements Help Please

I am packing for my cruise tomorrow. Is there a size or weight limit on suitcases?

Thanks!

If you're flying, the airlines will pretty much make the size and weight restriction decision for you. If you're driving, you can bring whatever will fit thru the x-ray machines. Have a great cruise!!

I am packing for my cruise tomorrow. Is there a size or weight limit on suitcases?

Thanks!

Like was said IF you are flying your airline will determine you weight, size and amount of your luggage. :p IF you are driving the luggage only has to fit through the screening machine. The last I read, you are allowed up to 5 checked pieces of luggage and your carry-on. :eek:

Thanks for the replies. We are driving to the port.

My big suitcase is about 3 feet tall and maybe a little over a foot wide.

Will that fit in the scanner?

Nope........plan on checking that thing......:eek:

Carry on luggage must fit through the scanning machine, similar to the scanner used at airports for carry on luggage.

I do not know of any size restrictions for checked luggage - either weight or measurements. Nor, am I aware of a limit on quantity.

We are driving to the port. My big suitcase is about 3 feet tall and maybe a little over a foot wide. Will that fit in the scanner?

Let's reiterate: there are no size limits for checked luggage. Go ahead and use that big suitcase, but you will leave it with the porters and it will be delivered to your cabin later in the day. The size limit is for carry-ons, which must fit through the scanner like at airports. If your cabin is not ready yet, you will have to keep your carry-ons with you until then.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

There is a size limit for airlines because your carry on must fit in the overhead bin or under your seat. Not true at cruise ports. I have carried on a 26 inch suitcase on cruises many times with no problems. Could not do that on an airplane. I think that size is 21 inches tall or maybe even less.

The gigantic suitcases must be checked.

The ship has a 200lb limit per person....I can't forsee anyone needing 200lbs of stuff...ever! So, if you're not flying, the sky's the limit. If you ARE flying, the airlines are what dictates your limits.

Edited by cb at sea