Carnival magic or rccl navigator?

bplazo

Please realize this is only my opinion, no need to bash me..I would choose Navigator over Magic in an instant, and we have more Carnival cruises logged than RCCL. Been on the Magic twice and just do not care for it....

Near done carnival Magic, but other CARNIVAL ships. I would choose the Navigator only because it has the ice skating rink and I love the ice shows. If you haven't experienced one of the Voyager class or other ships with an iceshow, I recommend it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Steakhouse...Carnival, hands down

Italian specialty.....Royal

Ship: Royal, Navigator is fresh, refurb'd and spectacular...Prominade

Evening entertainment...Carnival

Shows: Royal

Pool Activity: Carnival

Main Dining Room.....Royal, by a thin margin

Crew: Royal....Carnival is very, very good, but seems overworked and less time for a smile.

On a scale of 100, Royal 52, Carnival 48...

We where on Navigator last year and I really didn't care for it. I found it kinda boring. And I really wasn't impressed with the food either. I will say we enjoyed celebrity so far the best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Is there a price difference? Prices being the same, I'd go with Navigator, but if there's a substantial difference, I wouldn't pout at going with the Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Voyager of the Seas a few years ago and liked it. I believe the Navigator is a sister ship to the Voyager.

I did really enjoy the ice shows and the evening shows as well s the promenade area on RCCL.

But I love the. Magic. Have been on her several times.

We re planning on booking the navigator for our May 2015 cruise. Just for a change.

We are Platinum with Carnival and really enjoy the perks.

We will be Platinum with RCCL with the May 2015 cruise.

I am hoping they have good platinum perks.

We did NOS when she was in the Med. Loved the ship and everything about it. I have never been on Magic but certainly would not mind it.

My suggestion is to compare prices for rooms you want and then look at things both ships have. Decide what is important and what is not. For me, Carnival and RCCL are so close it comes down to price, destination ports and the Debarkation port.

I have experience on the Magic and we love it. I have not been on the Navigator but we would definitely try it if given the chance. RC, IMHO, is slightly up scale compared to Carnival. I enjoy both lines, but I might be willing to pay a little more for a RC cruise.

However, with that said, I would not pay twice as much. The Magic has a very nice feel and has virtually all the amenities you would find on RC. I concur with the previous post, check your wants/needs and prices and get the biggest bang for your buck.

Happy Cruising!:)

I have never been on NOS but I just got off the Carnival Magic yesterday and had a great cruise. It was a bit of a hassle getting from the airport to Galveston and back but I look forward to cruising on the Magic again.

We have done Mariner (sister ship) and Magic. Prefer Magic hands down! We were bored on Mariner as were our kids. The ice show was fun and a few other things but we were totally ok when we got home to get off. We are booked again for Magic in Dec.

We have been on the Navigator twice and the Dream (sister ship to Magic) once and would choose the Navigator any day if the price is comparable. We prefer RCL over Carnival, but since pricing was significantly higher in Galveston this summer, we are going on the Dream out of New Orleans in less than two weeks. Since we have school aged children and can only go on holidays and summer, we have to choose price first. Plus we are going to Key West and Bahamas which RCL does not currently do out of Galveston. I know there is a difference in both cruise lines, but "any day on a ship is better than a day in the office".