Cozumel taxi questions

taymaesmom

Maybe this is an odd question but when you get a taxi in Cozumel for a family of 4, is the 4th person supposed to sit in the front with the driver or squeeze in the back. Where we are from you are absolutely not allowed to ride up front and squeezing my family of 4 in the back is nearly impossible. I know you can get a mini-van as a taxi but do those cost more?

Most charge per person or by cab so you can sit in the front. Also check posted rates near the dock so you have an idea of what the cost should be.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Most of the quoted taxi prices are for the cab and up to 4 passengers (i.e. $16+tip to Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, etc.). The 4th passenger sits up front in a standard sedan cab, but there are lots of van taxis with room for everyone to sit in the back. I like to sit up front and practice my Spanish - I need lots of practice :o

Thanks for all the responses! I'm not sure why that has been bothering me but there is nothing worse than feeling stupid about something so trivial! I might even volunteer to sit up front and practice my spanish!