Group dining

After calling the Dynamic Dining desk, I was transferred to the group dept regarding making reservations for our group of 10 as we are booked in a family group. I was advised that we would be dining in Silk the first night, Chic the second, The Grande on the third, and I forgot the fourth. I was then told we would rotate through the restaurants again.........at 6 p.m. dining. Has anyone else received this information?

After calling the Dynamic Dining desk, I was transferred to the group dept regarding making reservations for our group of 10 as we are booked in a family group. I was advised that we would be dining in Silk the first night, Chic the second, The Grande on the third, and I forgot the fourth. I was then told we would rotate through the restaurants again.........at 6 p.m. dining. Has anyone else received this information?

Haven't heard of them doing that before, sounds like what many wish they had done though.

Totally different experience here. Maybe because I was preselected and they allowed me to book for my the four other reservations linked to mine (total of 11 people).

I stayed with the Dining desk and had to work my way through the various restaurants to find times that could accommodate all of us - toughest was Coastal Kitchen. Only about 80-90 seats, so we're taking a big chunk of the restaurant:eek:

We have not been so lucky, we are a group of 9 and was told there was no way we could get our group at one table together for any evenings. They have no room at this time to accommodate us. We have to eat before 7pm for medical reasons of one of the guests in our group. We have been working with them for almost two weeks now and are very disappointed. This is just ridiculous, we are hoping something can be done, we do not want to have to split up the group for dinning.icon8.gif

We have not been so lucky, we are a group of 9 and was told there was no way we could get our group at one table together for any evenings. They have no room at this time to accommodate us. We have to eat before 7pm for medical reasons of one of the guests in our group. We have been working with them for almost two weeks now and are very disappointed. This is just ridiculous, we are hoping something can be done, we do not want to have to split up the group for dinning.icon8.gif

Your experience sounds odd as they are only taking reservations for time slots at this point and I was told that seating is handled by each venue onboard the ship. I was told that I was reserving a time, not a seat.

Your experience sounds odd as they are only taking reservations for time slots at this point and I was told that seating is handled by each venue onboard the ship. I was told that I was reserving a time, not a seat.

You are correct in that you are reserving a time. At the same time, they only have a few large tables per venue. The problem the previous poster is having is because they waited too long to book and NEED a time before 7:00pm...for 9 people at a single table. (The busiest time for dinner) I hope everything works out for them, but they shouldn't have waited so long to book if there was an urgent need.

Edited by hitaway4

Just to clarify, we started the process of booking our dining reservations on May 15th when they opened for reservations, so we didn't wait too long. I really think that they don't have all the kinks out of the system.

They have now updated the booking page for all dynamic dining venues and clearly state:

Select up to 16 guests for this dining experience. We will do our best to accommodate your party to a private table.

LOL give it a try and see how it works...for the entertainment piece I've tried two times to book my group of 11. First time was for Mamma Mia when it first opened for booking.

I told the system I wanted to book 11 people. Then worked my way through all the reservations linked to mine and selected all 11 people. Selected 'Add to Cart' and got the following error message "Error. You must select 11 people". Okay, maybe I goofed. Went back and did it again. Same result. Then was like - hey, I'll break it down into a group of six and a group of five - same end result, right? Nope, error message now reads "Error. You must select six (or five) people." After trying three or four times, I gave up and called RCCL and booked with a rep:o.

Just tried to book Sonic Odyssey yesterday and it was Deja Vu....:eek:

I think what is interesting is that onboard the ship in all venues they state they will try to seat 16 passengers together in all venues.

Sure sounds like they are really trying to accommodate groups and extended families.

• 4 weeks later...
They have now updated the booking page for all dynamic dining venues and clearly state:

Select up to 16 guests for this dining experience. We will do our best to accommodate your party to a private table.

I tried and book our group of 10 using the website. Finally all of us booked for each night of the cruise. Felt good about things until I looked at the email confirmation. Only DH and I were booked - the other 8 people had nothing. Had to make multiple calls and we all have a reservation but some are staggered by 15 minutes.

As for sitting together they said on the phone to show and they should have large tables to accommodate us.

Fingers crossed.

• 2 months later...

We have a party of 22 and when Dynamic Dining opened we tried with no avail to book our family together. We were on the computer/phone with RC and phone with our TA for hours/days and weeks. We finally received information from our TA that they put us on Group Rotation Dining. Ours rotate: Chic/The Grande/Silk/American Grill. I was told dinner would not show up in our on line calendar but our group is indeed on the rotation and would have 2 tables. (one of 8 and one of 14) Glad to hear someone else had the same issue and resolution. Our family is looking forward to getting together again on QoS. Kudos Royal, you have done a fantastic job of finding solutions to the issues that come with the "new innovations"

We have a party of 22 and when Dynamic Dining opened we tried with no avail to book our family together. We were on the computer/phone with RC and phone with our TA for hours/days and weeks. We finally received information from our TA that they put us on Group Rotation Dining. Ours rotate: Chic/The Grande/Silk/American Grill. I was told dinner would not show up in our on line calendar but our group is indeed on the rotation and would have 2 tables. (one of 8 and one of 14) Glad to hear someone else had the same issue and resolution. Our family is looking forward to getting together again on QoS. Kudos Royal, you have done a fantastic job of finding solutions to the issues that come with the "new innovations"

So the key words are "Group Rotation Dining". Thanks LB and V&D for posting and thanks to JoCruiser for telling me about this thread. Useful info as we usually travel with large groups and wondered how Dynamic Dining would effect us.