Norwegian Sun Self-Laundry

clojacks

I have read that the Norwegian ships DO NOT have self serve laundry, but then in other posts have read that some of the older ships, of which the Sun is one, have had them. Does the Sun have self-serve laundry, and if not, do they run more than one special on 14 day itineraries? With the different climates one is going to be going through on a South American cruise, packing will become interesting.

Edited by clojacks

I have read that the Norwegian ships DO NOT have self serve laundry, but then in other posts have read that some of the older ships, of which the Sun is one, have had them. Does the Sun have self-serve laundry, and if not, do they run more than one special on 14 day itineraries? With the different climates one is going to be going through on a South American cruise, packing will become interesting.

All self laundries that were on older NCL ships were removed. So for the past few years there have been NO self laundries on any NCL ships including older ships.

The bag special will be offered at least twice on a 14 day itinerary and possibly three times.

On our b2b2b on the Sun we went from cold of Iceland across Atlantic to heat/humidity of Caribbean. If you plan on layering in cold areas packing becomes easier.

Edited by NMLady

The Spirit had 2 all the laundry you can jam into the bag for $27 days on our 12 day cruise, but my wife found a free laundry on board, aka the bathroom sink.

LOL, funny guy, yes we use the free laundry option occasionally as well. We have a 25 day cruise coming up in 2015 so the Bag special @ 27.99 is probably going to get used a couple of times at least.

We've used the Bag Special several times and it's always been great service (clean clothes returned end of next day) and great results too (clothes are nicely folded and clean) . Never put any delicate clothes in the bag though. The stateroom Laundromat works well for those.

We'll be on the Sun in 3 weeks to Alaska. Am I right in figuring they'll have just one laundry special on a 7 day cruise? Thanks.

Jim

I'm so jealous, but enjoy your cruise. :D

Yes, the laundry special is usually on the Wednesday but watch for it in the Freestyle Daily, it'll be listed there. (Laundry Special One full bag for only $27.95) Just fill out the laundry slip and leave the bag on your bed by noon and it will be picked up by your steward. :D

Take real good care of her, we're looking forward to seeing her in December. :p

Bon Voyage!!

All NCL ships DO NOT have self serve laundry. On cruises longer than 7 days they have multiple laundry specials.

Yes, the laundry special is usually on the Wednesday but watch for it in the Freestyle Daily, it'll be listed there.

Not disputing you, but just curious if your response was based on a Monday-to Monday cruise. It seems odd that they would offer it just 2 days in. I was on the Breakaway last summer, and it was on a Wednesday, but that was for a Sunday departure.

We're on the Sun in August to Alaska as well, and I was wondering the same thing. We may have to wait until a bit later in the season to find out since I think they just started the Vancouver/Whittier runs.

We have taken longer cruises and in order to maximize laundry, we roll up everything verrrrry tight.We have managed to fit a ton of clothes in one bag and get 4 bags back:eek::D

You can even flatten and tighted up by placing under the matress in a big zip lock. We bring some packing tape so we tape the bag closed when left for the steward.Its closed to the seams and its all you can stuff.:D

I'm so jealous, but enjoy your cruise. :D

Yes, the laundry special is usually on the Wednesday but watch for it in the Freestyle Daily, it'll be listed there. (Laundry Special One full bag for only $27.95) Just fill out the laundry slip and leave the bag on your bed by noon and it will be picked up by your steward. :D

Take real good care of her, we're looking forward to seeing her in December. :p

Bon Voyage!!

All cruises can be different when it comes to Laundry, especially cruise length.