NCL - Poor service, poor corporate planning

richg35

I can't believe you asked for anything and expected compensation? I will remember that next time the grocery store has a line and I have to wait 10 minutes or so. I will ask for a discount on my groceries. Or when I go see the doctor, I will ask to be charged only 1/2 price because I had to wait 1/2 hour.

I guess you haven't heard the word: travel agent. and yes, you are doing to hear from many of us who book for 7 all the time. That is a small number of people traveling together, 3 cabins is hardly considered a group.

There are times when I night defend a cruise line but can see both sides of the story, this is one time when I can't believe you are so irritated about this. Holy cow, I have to wonder what traveling with you would be like? Hopefully you will take a deep breath and calm down before you get on the ship...

I was in a food store the other day and happened to be on a check out line where there was a problem. We were on line for at least 30 minutes, when I finally was checked out the manager gave all those in line a $10 gift card for out inconvenience. I'm sorry but a 90 minute wait on the phone is wrong.

I was in a food store the other day and happened to be on a check out line where there was a problem. We were on line for at least 30 minutes, when I finally was checked out the manager gave all those in line a $10 gift card for out inconvenience. I'm sorry but a 90 minute wait on the phone is wrong.

waiting in line when there is a store problem is a little different, plus you were lucky, This is not the normal procedure, I am sure we all wish it was. What about when you call your computer tech, (yes, probably in India) or try to call a company to clear up a billing error? Do they give you credit when you have to try and straighten a problem out? Of course not, you are doing good to get "I am sorry" Plus we are not talking about being on hold or 90 minutes on one call. But, We obviously disagree here, you think the OP was justified asking for compensation, I think it was totally out of line. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

. . . 2-anyone who would even suggest compensation for time spent on a phone call is going to turn everyone off. That is just a plain over the top.

I agree. ;)

In my case, I just asked for them to please please properly train their people so there would not be repeated errors for not only my sailing, but those to follow.

Compension was never ever a considered solution, as (in my opinion) it solves almost nothing.

waiting in line when there is a store problem is a little different, plus you were lucky, This is not the normal procedure, I am sure we all wish it was. What about when you call your computer tech, (yes, probably in India) or try to call a company to clear up a billing error? Do they give you credit when you have to try and straighten a problem out? Of course not, you are doing good to get "I am sorry" Plus we are not talking about being on hold or 90 minutes on one call. But, We obviously disagree here, you think the OP was justified asking for compensation, I think it was totally out of line. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Actually my internet company gave me a free month because I was on the phone with them for 1 hour. So I do think that if a cruise line wants to keep business 90 min. is to long.

I don't get why they call it Freestyle Cruising/dining. It was originally marketed as eat where you want when you want. But I read on here all the time about people making all their reservations for not only dining but also the shows in advance - what's up with that? And if you don't reserve in advance you get either shut out of the shows/specialty restaurants or your only choice left is to eat really early or really late. Seems to defy the concept. And having tp pay for some shows??

I guess that's why we have moved on to other lines. It's a shame because we did enjoy our 4 cruises with NCL but they really seem to be catering to a different demographic now.

+1

One of the reasons we haven't cruised on any of the big ships. It's vacation. I can generally decide where I want to eat and see the day of......Seems like NCL's Freestyle concept isn't so freestyle on the new ships.

Actually my internet company gave me a free month because I was on the phone with them for 1 hour. So I do think that if a cruise line wants to keep business 90 min. is to long.

well you are the only person I know, that is batting 2 for 2, Good for you.

Dear Richg35:

We are sorry to hear about the pre-cruise issues you mention. We did make a change recently in Norwegian Breakaway's entertainment schedule and we apologize that our online reservation system was not updated properly at the time. Since your post, it has been updated and has the current schedule. We appreciate your patience with this and thank you for taking the time to write your post.

As an FYI, in the Breakaway Theater, we continue to offer 4 performances of Rock of Ages, two shows per night for two nights during the cruise. We also have two nights of Burn the Floor with 4 performances. The remaining three nights entertainment in the Theater include Welcome and Farewell shows and one night with a Comedian. There are also lots of other activities in the Atrium and other venues around the ship for you and your group to enjoy.

We hope you have a wonderful time onboard with us.

The dining time-frame change has been posted on CC as well as Facebook and NCL's web page.

As for compensation because you were on hold ... well ... :rolleyes:

Like Jude Judy would say you get nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please enlighten me. It has been two years since I was on NCL. Only on Epic did be book anything and that was the circqe sole show. We booked that show on the ship.

We are going to be on the Star in September and October. Do we need to book shows or dining?

We typically travel with more than a dozen in our group. Last time it was 16.

The few times we wanted to all eat together, my brother and I just booked 8 seats each at the same time (on the Epic), and on the Jewel when tables for 8 were not available, three of us logged on and booked smaller tables. When we got to our reservation the accommodated the group together as best they could. It's really not a big deal.

Also, reservations are optional. For those that are moaning that freestyle isn't freestyle because you have to make reservations 3 months in advance - no you don't. You can do it on board unless you have very specific days and times you are looking for. The exception seems to be Teppanyaki, but we don't eat there because we have dozens of places just like it here in San Diego..

it's always nice to see NCL chime in. I hope the OP takes a deep breath and has a good time regardless of the pre-planning difficulty

Edited by sdmike

Please enlighten me. It has been two years since I was on NCL. Only on Epic did be book anything and that was the circqe sole show. We booked that show on the ship.

We are going to be on the Star in September and October. Do we need to book shows or dining?

you don't HAVE to book anything if you want to play it by ear. If you want to eat at a specific specialty restaurant at a specific time, then reservations are recommended...just like on land.