food compared to Royal?

Royal44

From what I understood on board, they had moved away from overflow to Traditional and instead shuffled the arrangement based on demand for a given itinerary (so that one week the second floor might be all AD, the next week there could be 15 TD tables there, etc).

Valid points about the pre-charges, but that's not an issue of food operations, thats financial.

One major difference.

Princess does not have a limit on the number assigned to Anytime but does limit the number in Traditional. If too many people want traditional, the extra are assigned to Anytime.

In comparison, RCCL limits the number in Anytime (actually called My Time) and assigns any overflow to Traditional. Thus there will never be too many assigned to Anytime to accommodate.

Another difference is that if you are in My Time on Royal you must pay your gratuities when you make final payment for the cruise. This does mean you cannot use OBC to help pay for gratuities.

(Also, since any RCCL shore excursions booked before the cruise must be paid for at the time they are reserved, this also means you cannot use any OBC to help pay for them either.)

Another difference is that if you are in My Time on Royal you must pay your gratuities when you make final payment for the cruise. This does mean you cannot use OBC to help pay for gratuities.

(Also, since any RCCL shore excursions booked before the cruise must be paid for at the time they are reserved, this also means you cannot use any OBC to help pay for them either.)

That's never been an issue for us, since RC OBCs aren't combinable, we generally have enough to pay for a few drinks and purchases on board.

As much as I loved My Time Dining on RC (we were always seated right away at a table for two with the same waitstaff regardless of when we showed up...how do they DO that?) and the dining room food on then Allure featured several good items, we thought Princess food (even Princess buffets, which is saying something for all ships except the new ones) was much better. Certainly Princess offers more healthy choices.

It always totally amazes me when some say they liked the MDR food on RCCL better than on Princess. :rolleyes:

To us MDR food on Princess is VERY much better.

Just goes to show how very subjective food taste are.

LuLu

This is how I describe the food on Celebrity vs. RCI vs Princess (having sailed all 3 each more than twice)

On Celebrity, every dinner in the MDR, I have trouble deciding which selections I wanted because so many of them are so very good.

On RCI, I often had trouble deciding what to eat because not only was there nothing on the menu that interested me, but judging from past experience, I found the QUALITY of the meat and fish not to be very high, and the preparation not to my liking.

My experience on Princess falls some place in between Celebrity and RCI.

It always totally amazes me when some say they liked the MDR food on RCCL better than on Princess. :rolleyes:

To us MDR food on Princess is VERY much better.

Just goes to show how very subjective food taste are.

LuLu

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. I did not like the food on RCCL and found Princess was much better.