Why do yooooou love carnival?

thefog

Price of suites

This is what I love about Carnival too. I used to sail junior suites on RCL. The space was similar but the price was higher and you didn't get the suite perks in that category. With a Carnival the equivalent in size is cheaper and includes the perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

love 8 day cruises and love different ports, not the same old thing. Plus you get a bang for your buck.

Carnival has pluses and minuses.

Carnival cruises out of cities that Southwest Airlines flies into which makes my trip more affordable. I won't usually cruise unless I can get a direct flight with no connections at a reasonable price with good flight times.

I have cruised the other mainstream cruise lines too over the years, and I have enjoyed them all. Carnival's cabin size overall is a plus to me. I've had a junior suite on another line that was smaller than one of Carnival's inside cabins. Carnival doesn't restrict certain areas of the ship for only those booked in certain cabins, and I like that. Some other lines have humongous ships which is not my preference. I prefer Carnival's size of ships. I'm also enjoying Carnival's new food venues which are included in the cruise price.

Carnival has room for improvement though IMO, especially in their live music offerings and in their smoking policy. I wish they would restrict smoking to certain outdoor spaces where everyone else isn't subjected to unhealthy second-hand smoke. Carnival is way behind the times in their smoking policy. I'd like more Caribbean style or beach-themed live music at reasonable volumes. I also think Carnival needs to rethink its priorities too where they tend to favor new customers over their loyal long-term customers. IMO that is a symptom of their flawed corporate culture and has room for improvement. Carnival also needs to simplify their pricing. Many of the complaints that you read on this board are related to confusion about their pricing rules. It isn't good policy to be alienating customers over complicated booking rules before their cruise even begins.

Carnival does offer the best cruise value overall though. I think Carnival's staff provides very good service overall too, especially when you notice how rude some passengers are to them. I appreciate Carnival's good service.

Edited by winddawn

For our family cruises are vacations that need little to no planning. Living in the land locked Midwest we always have to fly, but that's really the biggest challenge and decision. Also because of the prices with Carnival, we can do a "bonus" vacation at our favorite ports before and after the cruise. We've travelled a lot and what we expect to get from Carnival is a value priced, low hassle, low decision making and fun experience. So far that's exactly what we've gotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Price, larger inside rooms and they are the only option here on the left coast. ;)

Yep. It takes less time to drive to the long beach port than it does to check in!

Staff and hot chocolate are great too, as well as elegant night casual dress

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

Edited by ccruisequeen

Carnival doesn't have the best food, service, or entertainment. What it does have is BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. Basically it gives its customers a quality product at a great price. Nothing more, nothing less.

And that's why people love it!

Yes I am a TA and thank you. We cruised once with Royal Caribbean and I definitely didn't have as much fun as what I do when I am onboard Carnival ships

Same here. We sailed Royal and just didn't have as much fun. Maybe that would be different on the newer ships with more offerings, but we haven't been able to justify the cost, so for now we are sticking with Carnival. We haven't loved every cruise, but overall we've liked the food, itineraries and crew.

Well I know which line DH prefers....we are in the very early planning stages for a pre-Christmas cruise 2015. I told him 4 ships that I was digging into to see which one we would like the most. RCCL Freedom of the Seas, CCL Breeze, NCL Getaway, and CCL Dream. I didn't give him any other information (prices, embarkation port, or itinerary). His very first response was that the Dream sounded good. Then I told him the itinerary, price, and embarkation port and he liked it even more. Since we sailed NCL and Princess since our last CCL cruise (just last August :rolleyes:) I think he is missing CCL already.

Edited by Warm Breezes

I have cruised Princess and Carnival. Loved them both.

Really liked the option of champagne breakfast on our balcony with Princess.

Really love the size of the stateroom on Carnival.

Never had one bad moment on either. Price and sailing out of Galveston are keeping me with Carnival right now. Also great service. I don't attend the shows and have never met or seen or heard a cruise director so can't comment on that aspect of cruising.

Carnival still offers me the best solo rates, and their product still works for me, though I have not cruised on them in four years. I know I will see cuts and changes, but still Carnival is what I am used to.

I dont "love" them enough though not to look at and consider other lines in the future. Would love to go on NCL or HAL, MSC also looks good to me. So just saying price for now keeps me coming back, but also I have no particular allegiance to them. Platinum "perks" which are still about 5 cruises away, are no draw to keep me coming back. So after this upcoming cruise, I will decide on who where and what for next year.

Although I don't dislike Carnival and have been on several ships.There is one thing that really bothers me about Carnival.There are just too many Grossly obese people on Carnival Cruises.For some reason they seem to gravitate to Carnival.I cruised all the other major cruise lines and believe me, there is a difference in the clientel.Its not that I dislike obese people,it's just that it sickens me when I see then gorging themselves like cattle eating out of troughs.Otherwise Carnival is fine!

Although I don't dislike Carnival and have been on several ships.There is one thing that really bothers me about Carnival.There are just too many Grossly obese people on Carnival Cruises.For some reason they seem to gravitate to Carnival.I cruised all the other major cruise lines and believe me, there is a difference in the clientel.Its not that I dislike obese people,it's just that it sickens me when I see then gorging themselves like cattle eating out of troughs.Otherwise Carnival is fine!

It must be all that great food that draws them:D

• 3 weeks later...
The price- always lower than the other lines.

Also, the blogs by John Heald. They are always informative and he also answers questions from his readers. I don't know of another line doing this.

Royal Caribbean's Adam Goldstein does the exact same thing.

Answer it Royally

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/

Edited by Disconnections