Price Drop

buffery

I booked a cruise for August three months ago on a saver fare.I have just noticed the price has been reduced by £500 per person If I rang P&0 is there any chance they would give me a reduction or give me some onboard credit like I would receive from Princess or Celebrity. Thanks for any replies

I booked a cruise for August three months ago on a saver fare.I have just noticed the price has been reduced by £500 per person If I rang P&0 is there any chance they would give me a reduction or give me some onboard credit like I would receive from Princess or Celebrity. Thanks for any replies

Short answer is very very very unlikely.

Most cruises (unless it is one selling well) will drop its prices nearer to sailing date.

What you will probably find is the lower fare is an "early saver" or "saver" fare. They have different T and C. They would not change your current booking to another lower fare, so you would have to cancel-and lose your deposit. Only you can decide if you think that is worth all the hassle.

Princess and Celebrity are American cruise lines-so are bound by their T and C, which seems to be looser than P and O, which operates under British T and C.

The American lines do it because they have to by Law. But even they would not give a discount on a very late discounted fare as you have bought.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I did book a saver fare thinking the price would not reduce in price any more. I have paid the balance so will just have to accept it. It would be nice if I received a little onboard cedit .I could ring and ask but don't think it will be much use P&0 have not the best customer service!

I did book a saver fare thinking the price would not reduce in price any more. I have paid the balance so will just have to accept it. It would be nice if I received a little onboard cedit .I could ring and ask but don't think it will be much use P&0 have not the best customer service!

Hi if you ring let us know how you got on. Good luck. We booked an early saver fare and got a 2 grade upgrade but still an inside cabin for 4 , but its on riviera deck near terrace pool so quite happy.

A lot of people always say that they had a free upgrade but when you book a early saver or saver fare the grade you book is "guaranteed minimum grade" so there is every chance you might get a higher grade than booked because all saver fares are guaranteed lowest grade of each style of cabin i.e. inside, outside or balcony and the only way it can go is up unless you stay in bottom grade because they guarantee that they wont put you in a lower grade cabin.

A lot of people always say that they had a free upgrade but when you book a early saver or saver fare the grade you book is "guaranteed minimum grade" so there is every chance you might get a higher grade than booked because all saver fares are guaranteed lowest grade of each style of cabin i.e. inside, outside or balcony and the only way it can go is up unless you stay in bottom grade because they guarantee that they wont put you in a lower grade cabin.

Plus it might well be true that although you may get an upgrade within a cabin type you will not get an upgrade to a different cabin type.

Plus it might well be true that although you may get an upgrade within a cabin type you will not get an upgrade to a different cabin type.

But it is still not an upgrade they are getting what they paid for a cabin somewhere in the cabin type they booked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry you mention paying a balance, which suggests that you booked an early saver fare, as those and select are there only ones where you have deposits and balances. If you had booked a "saver" fare, same as the old getaway, you would have paid the full fare 100% up front.

If a cruise is not selling fares will continue to drop until either the ship is full or its about a week before sailing.

Can't see why you are being so iffy about pandos customer service. You did not look into the fare structure enough. You have 3 types of fares, but the prices within them can vary. You can have 5% off the price, or increased OBS. These are different things they have offered in the past.

If you wanted the cheapest price then you should have waited until much nearer the sailing date. Ofcourse they may not have had any cabins in the grade you wanted left, but that is the chance you take.

Hi,

Just wanted to say, customer service at P & O isn't all bad. I contacted them on Sunday, as I noticed that the OBC on a select fare cruise I had booked had now increased by £460 per cabin.

It did take 3 calls and I was very nice and pleasant at all times, but kept stressing I was not happy, that late bookers of a select fare were getting more OBC that me, when they had had my booking since Feb.

It worked and I now have the additional £460 OBC.

I think the key to this was politeness, persistence and may be hat we are Med Tier customers.

But Thanks P & O , I will enjoy