Barcelona

How long does it take to tour Park Guell? Do you know how to get tickets online?

So if I purchased tickets at 3 I can still get up until 3:30?

Sorry--I was at the beach for a few days and missed these questions.

We easily did the monumental area of the park in an hour. It is really not that large. The rest of the park is huge and you could spend a lot of time there if you want.

Yes--the tickets are good for up to 1/2 hour after the time band stamped on the ticket.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions on where to stay - Sam and I are not really 'hotel' types - we prefer to have our 'own' place where we can come and go along with a few snacks and meals and maybe a bottle of wine or two!

We have been searching and FINALLY settled on one of several apartments located on Las Ramblas - sleeps 4 - furnished kitchen - full bath - washer -and two balconies that overlook Las Ramblas - about 330e for 3 nights - Plenty of great reviews from others that have stayed there

If anyone is interested email me at samyers99@sbcglobal.net and I will give you the information to the 3 websites that I did research through and this might help you!

We are in Barcelona for the day off the Epic and b/c most of the ship will be disembarking this day I believe we will be able to get off pretty early. Our Familia Sagrada tickets are for 10:00 am. Is there someplace on the way to the basilica that we could get coffee and breakfast or something close we could see? My plan was to ride the subway out and then after the church ride the subway to the Gothic Quarter and then walk back from there.

We did the same. We reserved Barcelona Day Tours to pick us up at the airport when we arrived at 8am. Took a 4 hour tour with our luggage secured in the car. When the tour ended, we were dropped off at Hotel Jazz and ventured out on our own.

It's such a vibrant city with incredible architecture and wonderful sites.

How did you like hotel jazz? Were you happy with the location? We are booked there for August.

• 2 weeks later...
How did you like hotel jazz? Were you happy with the location? We are booked there for August.

We now have stayed twice at the Hotel Jazz (see post 21 above) and enjoyed both our visits. It's located about 50 yards from an airport bus stop and a short walk to Las Ramblas. If the weather is nice, visit the rooftop for great views and a lovely small pool with much comfortable lounging furniture. Two free computers in the lobby and a very good breakfast, although our second visit we ate breakfast elsewhere.

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions on where to stay - Sam and I are not really 'hotel' types - we prefer to have our 'own' place where we can come and go along with a few snacks and meals and maybe a bottle of wine or two!

We have been searching and FINALLY settled on one of several apartments located on Las Ramblas - sleeps 4 - furnished kitchen - full bath - washer -and two balconies that overlook Las Ramblas - about 330e for 3 nights - Plenty of great reviews from others that have stayed there

If anyone is interested email me at samyers99@sbcglobal.net and I will give you the information to the 3 websites that I did research through and this might help you!

Just letting you know I emailed you for the information. Thank you.

Hello everyone... We are also cruising out of Barcelona in May and staying for 3nights prior to our cruise.

Any advice on how far in advance we should purchase tickets to any of the popular attractions we want to visit? Should we do it now, or, will we still be fine if we did it around 5 or 6 months before the cruise.

Thanks

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello everyone... We are also cruising out of Barcelona in May and staying for 3nights prior to our cruise.

Any advice on how far in advance we should purchase tickets to any of the popular attractions we want to visit? Should we do it now, or, will we still be fine if we did it around 5 or 6 months before the cruise.

Thanks

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will not be able to book tickets this far in advance. I would start looking about 2-3 months before you travel