Question about OBC for booking new cruise onboard

I have never in the past pre booked a cruise onboard to get the OBC certificate

I now have 4 cruises booked with RCL can I do anything on the first cruise to get the OBC certificates for the rest of my cruises I have set up ? Thank your for your advice.

I have never in the past pre booked a cruise onboard to get the OBC certificate

I now have 4 cruises booked with RCL can I do anything on the first cruise to get the OBC certificates for the rest of my cruises I have set up ? Thank your for your advice.

The OBC typically is offered and restricted to bookings made on board or through future cruise certificate purchased on board. Both offer a reduced deposit as well.

Also typical with any current program that may offer an OBC - such as a WOW sale - is they may be restricted to new bookings only.

I would contact RCI or your TA if you booked through one to see what your options may be. You might be able to cancel and rebook, but you would need to check to make sure you can do that and that the prevailing stateroom rates or promotions would be favorable compared to what you currently are booked under.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

leaveitallbehind covered that well. I would add also that on board they have very limited access to the booking systems apparently. They have very slow internet connection, and while they can book things, we took a deck plan printout with us last time to book a trip, and he stated that that was much better than what he could see on his system.

Sometimes they are also very busy with people asking questions and booking, and if you have the trips booked they would possibly not have the time to muck around with cancelling old bookings and rebooking your trips. If they could even do it.

You can only ask, but we have found that getting a couple of open certificates on board is the handiest way to have them ready for future bookings on land. Sometimes however they can't be combined with current sales, like the wow sale. The open booking is a dedicated booking number, and even though you haven't booked a ship, when it comes to a sale they are running, they consider it a previous booking that you are transferring to the trip you want to allocate it too.

Like the reduced deposit with the certs, and the OBC, but sometimes the OBC is bigger on a sale.

So I agree, get in touch now and see if there is any chance of some OBC from a sale or something? You can only ask.

Enjoy your trips!

We used a future booking certificate for a cruise that we booked through a TA. The reservation number on our receipt from the TA is the same as on the certificate. Where do we confirm our OBC, both from the certificate and from the credit the TA has said they are giving? Is there someplace online to see it or do I have to call RCL?

We used a future booking certificate for a cruise that we booked through a TA. The reservation number on our receipt from the TA is the same as on the certificate. Where do we confirm our OBC, both from the certificate and from the credit the TA has said they are giving? Is there someplace online to see it or do I have to call RCL?

It's not online, and calling Royal won't help because they won't talk to you about prices/credits since you booked with a TA. Contact your TA and ask them to send you Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation.

I book through a TA and there was a problem with or future cruise certificates because we purchased 2 to give one to my parents and they messed up and put them in both mine and my wifes names. It was a good thing we used a TA because when we went to book the cruise we are taking next year with my parents it was all messed up and all i had to do was tell her and she worked it all out for us.