Celebrity Infinity.

Shocked91

I decided I wanted to go on a cruise with my parents who booked last year.I only recently decided.I went to our local travel agent yesterday who we have used for over 15 years.They phoned Celebrity for me yesterday explaining that I wanted to join my parents in their cabin but to upgrade to a suite from an Aqua cabin.My travel agent explained that my parents had booked over a year ago and had the drinks package.If I joined they would loose their package if I went in their room.We were going to upgrade to a CS suite with me paying £1025 and mom and dad paying their bit extra.They didn't wan't to know kept saying if I went in their room they would loose the drinks package.I said there's no way I wan't them to loose it.They asked how much it would cost for a cabin on my own and they said I would be on deck 3 inside and would cost £1923.84.I said no thank you to much.The suite was £1025.They lost out on extra money from me all because if I joined them they would loose their drinks package.Has anyone else had this problem.?I told them I don't drink which I don't I only ever buy the soft drinks package.

It is just their policy. Have heard it happen a lot whether it is right or wrong. I think it's because technically it becomes a new booking when add in and change cabin. Where are you sailing to as the 123 offer is now on for select sailings

Edited by nmg85

It is just their policy. Have heard it happen a lot whether it is right or wrong. I think it's because technically it becomes a new booking when add in and change cabin. Where are you sailing to as the 123 offer is now on for select sailings

The cruise was booked last year.They got the drinks package then.I even wanted to stay in their cabin which they have now Aqua and they would still loose their package which is why I have decided not to go.There was now way I was paying £1923.84 for an inside cabin on deck 3 when we could have had a suite on deck 8 mid ship.

You would not be allowed to stay with them in Aqua. Those rooms are double occupancy only

I believe the OP was trying to change FROM Aqua TO a suite, so that she could stay with her parents.

I believe the OP was trying to change FROM Aqua TO a suite, so that she could stay with her parents.

Actually in post 3 she mentioned the option of staying in aqua as well.

I see that you pulled up that information from a third party website, not Celebrity. AFAIK, it is not correct. Aqua Class staterooms are double occupancy only. As you look at the staterooms, you see that none of them have pull down beds or sofa beds. You would not have been able to add yourself as a third person in an Aqua Class room, unless something has changed very recently.

I'm currently booked on the Infinity with 3 people in a room that can fit 4. We're after final payment. If we want to add a 4th person to our existing room, will we loose our promotion? We received $600 off our cruise (not OBC) by choosing this promotion plus booking our flights through Celebrity.

I'm currently booked on the Infinity with 3 people in a room that can fit 4. We're after final payment. If we want to add a 4th person to our existing room, will we loose our promotion? We received $600 off our cruise (not OBC) by choosing this promotion plus booking our flights through Celebrity.

It seems any time you change a booking, they pull the offers off the table and you lose everything. Not only that, but you said it's past final payment, which means your cruise is close, and knowing that, if your cruise is at capacity, meaning lifeboat capacity, even if you're in a quad cabin, they won't let you add anyone to that cabin because of capacity issues.

It seems any time you change a booking, they pull the offers off the table and you lose everything. Not only that, but you said it's past final payment, which means your cruise is close, and knowing that, if your cruise is at capacity, meaning lifeboat capacity, even if you're in a quad cabin, they won't let you add anyone to that cabin because of capacity issues.

Ok, thanks for the info! I'll contact my TA and see what our options are.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to report back that my TA added our fourth person without taking away our $600 credit.

I'm not sure if going through a TA made a difference. For instance I read booking flights through Choice Air (which we had to do to get our credit), incurred a $25/ticket fee, but we didn't have a fee. Plus our flights were cheaper than what I could find online myself.

I just wanted to report back that my TA added our fourth person without taking away our $600 credit.

I'm not sure if going through a TA made a difference. For instance I read booking flights through Choice Air (which we had to do to get our credit), incurred a $25/ticket fee, but we didn't have a fee. Plus our flights were cheaper than what I could find online myself.

Things are different here in the UK.

Things are different here in the UK.

I imagine it might also be different for some people in the US too, based on people's responses about changes almost always result in a new booking. But just wanted to follow up and close the loop since I had asked my question on the thread.