Paris hotels

dcruisers

After our river cruise next May, we plan on staying a couple of days after in Paris. Would appreciate recommendations for hotels is the St. Germaine area. We have been checking trip advisor and other travel books but it is over whelming!! Would love to hear from those who have stayed more recently as this will give us more up to date info on condition of hotel.

Thank you!

Goodness, we stayed there 15 years ago ---glad to know it is still there. Great location near the musee d'orsay. Rooms are very small but staff was helpful(at least they were back then).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After our river cruise next May, we plan on staying a couple of days after in Paris. Would appreciate recommendations for hotels is the St. Germaine area. We have been checking trip advisor and other travel books but it is over whelming!! Would love to hear from those who have stayed more recently as this will give us more up to date info on condition of hotel.

Thank you!

If you're willing to look at hotels in the 5th (Latin Quarter) rather than the 6th (St. Germaine) check out Hotel Atmospheres. I stayed there recently and posted a review on Trip Advisor. (Mine is the review with the hand laundry issue)

Goodness, we stayed there 15 years ago ---glad to know it is still there. Great location near the musee d'orsay. Rooms are very small but staff was helpful(at least they were back then).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They've renovated since 15 years ago. Very nice bathrooms. We had a Club room which I read about on TA. A bit bigger than standard. You can easily walk across the river to the Louvre from hotel verneuil. We actually walked everywhere even to the Eiffel Tower.

If you're willing to look at hotels in the 5th (Latin Quarter) rather than the 6th (St. Germaine) check out Hotel Atmospheres. I stayed there recently and posted a review on Trip Advisor. (Mine is the review with the hand laundry issue)

I am staying in one of their triple rooms in 2 weeks but we will have 3 people.

Fortunately my daughter is only 5'2" and should fit in the oversized chair just fine.

This was a well timed review for me.

Thanks.

I am staying in one of their triple rooms in 2 weeks but we will have 3 people.

Fortunately my daughter is only 5'2" and should fit in the oversized chair just fine.

This was a well timed review for me.

Thanks.

I wasn't worried about anyone fitting in the bed when it pulls out. I just wanted to warn you that space will be tight walking around the room. It's a typical European hotel room where you trade a large comfortable size bed for tight walkways around the bed. But, again, the plusses of this hotel are many. Loved the location. Loved the helpful smiling staff. Loved the excellent maintenance of the hotel.

Small detail. You'll struggle to find the entry door the first time you arrive at the hotel. The door is a sliding door that looks like a fixed window. If you walk up close to the door, it will slide open. If you simply keep walking back and forth along the sidewalk searching for the door, nothing will happen.

If you want, I can recommend a couple of restaurants no more than a 15 minutes walk away from the hotel.

I wasn't worried about anyone fitting in the bed when it pulls out. I just wanted to warn you that space will be tight walking around the room. It's a typical European hotel room where you trade a large comfortable size bed for tight walkways around the bed. But, again, the plusses of this hotel are many. Loved the location. Loved the helpful smiling staff. Loved the excellent maintenance of the hotel.

Small detail. You'll struggle to find the entry door the first time you arrive at the hotel. The door is a sliding door that looks like a fixed window. If you walk up close to the door, it will slide open. If you simply keep walking back and forth along the sidewalk searching for the door, nothing will happen.

If you want, I can recommend a couple of restaurants no more than a 15 minutes walk away from the hotel.

Good to know about the doors. We would be those people walking back and forth.

I would love your restaurant advice and also a good pub because France is playing Switzerland in the World Cup in 2 weeks and would love to be part of that.

We stayed at the Hotel Europe Saint Severin which is very close to Notre Dame and St Michel metro....a very convenient area.

Our best dinner was at Les Papilles, 30, rue Gay Lussac, which we walked to from the hotel. It is a set menu dinner, so you eat what the chef has prepared for that night. We loved it!

We stayed at the Hotel Europe Saint Severin which is very close to Notre Dame and St Michel metro....a very convenient area.

Our best dinner was at Les Papilles, 30, rue Gay Lussac, which we walked to from the hotel. It is a set menu dinner, so you eat what the chef has prepared for that night. We loved it!

An enthusiastic +1 for Les Papilles. We ate some higher priced dinners which liked more, but of the more moderate restaurants, this was our hands-down favorite.

This restaurant is a twelve minute walk from the Hotel Atmospheres. Duck was the main dish the night we ate at Les Papilles (tastebuds) with an amazing pistachio panna cotta.

Reservations are essential!!!!

Good to know about the doors. We would be those people walking back and forth.

I would love your restaurant advice and also a good pub because France is playing Switzerland in the World Cup in 2 weeks and would love to be part of that.

On the topic of the entrance doors, forget "would have been..." We were those people walking back and forth.

Now for the promised restaurant suggestions... I've already praised Les Papilles on another post in this thread.

Terrior Parisien is a five minute walk from the hotel on 20 rue St. Victor. We had eaten a large lunch so we weren't interested in a full dinner. My husband and I shared a wonderful platter of mixed pates and each ordered a lighted, modernized version of French onion soup.

Dans les Landes (119 rue Monge) is a 20 minute walk from Hotel Atmospheres. This place focuses on the food of the Landes region of France, which I'd simply never heard about. It is in/near the Basque region which explains why this restaurants serves small plate versions of all its dishes. Bold, rustic flavors of expertly prepared food. Great fun because you're trying just a few bites of many things.

In all these restaurants, you can walk in with confidence even if you don't speak a word of French. In each, you'll be treated to a warm welcome, attentive service and, of course, delicious food.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Also interested in Best Western Saint Germaine.. Has anyone stayed there? It has gotten good reviews on TA.

Also - thanks for the great info on places to eat- very helpful.

Try Hotel Milesime, Rue Jacob and Hotel De Seine, Rue De Seine. I am extremely picky about hotels and both of these are great. Would not stay in any other area but this in 6th. The atmosphere is great and very safe. Hemingway stayed on this street, so can I. Lol

I just stayed at Hotel De Seine last month. Very reasonable rates on their facebook page. Get room in front to watch the action below. Quiet when windows are closed.

Also like Au 35 on Rue Jacob, great salmon and avocado salad and reasonable small bistro. Many good bistros on these streets.