Accidentally paid off in full -- in panic mode

I meant to only make a small payment on my cruise, but ended up paying off the entire cruise. I sent an e-mail to my PVP, as well as left her a voicemail.

If anyone has done this, I would appreciate any comments as to whether or not I will be able to reverse the full pay-off and pay only the small portion.

Going forward, I will not be making any payments before having coffee!

yeah we did this once. we just called the carnival booking number and spoke to whomever we got on the line. Its better to have it handled ASAP then wait for it to post to an account. We were able to get it reversed.

I meant to only make a small payment on my cruise, but ended up paying off the entire cruise. I sent an e-mail to my PVP, as well as left her a voicemail.

If anyone has done this, I would appreciate any comments as to whether or not I will be able to reverse the full pay-off and pay only the small portion.

call carnival and they will help you, you are the first and will not be the last one to do that, yes it can be reveresed , breathe :)

I have done this, and Carnival is good about correcting it. Go ahead and call them, and they will make the adjustment for you. It takes a few days for the charge and refund to show up on your bank or charge account, but you will be able to see it on you booking right away.

Do you need to reverse it because you don't have the money to cover the cost? If so it's easily correctable, if not you can still get your price drops up until the due date of final payment.

I've paid in full online by mistake also. When I realized it a few hours later, I called Carnival and they processed a credit over the phone. I saw the credit appear on my credit card statement a few days later. No a problem.:cool:

I sent an e-mail to my PVP, as well as left a voicemail for her, before I left for work. By the time I got to work, she had left me a message that she reversed the full payment and then took the partial payment. She is awesome!

It's easier to cancel a payment before business closes for the day (depending on the business, that's 5pm, or midnight EST, or some other time when they cycle the system).

Transactions are processed in big batches; businesses pay a lower fee when they batch and consolidate payments -- which is also why they charge your credit card only once at the end of the cruise instead of every transaction or every day. Even airlines, who claim no refunds, can process one if you contact them promptly.

If you waited until the next day, the transaction has already flown, and it takes a bit more time to resolve.

I have done this, and Carnival is good about correcting it. Go ahead and call them, and they will make the adjustment for you. It takes a few days for the charge and refund to show up on your bank or charge account, but you will be able to see it on you booking right away.

I am stupid enough to have done this TWICE. The carnival folks are all class. They fixed my mistake pronto. Thanks again Carnival.

The problem is that on Carnival's website when you go to make a payment, they have the "dot" on "pay full amount" rather than on "pay other amount". It's easy to not catch that

You're right! The default position is to "pay in full"...I did this in January when booking the 14-night Pride repositioning 3/15/2015 cruise, & realized it shortly after...but then I thought "oh good, now it's paid for!"...and just decided to leave it as is ;).

I did this when I booked our cruise for this coming October. I booked on the website and checked the box for $600 deposit and then realized that I missed inputting something ( can't remember what exactly) anyway once I went back to do that the checked box for deposit reverted to pay this cruise in full..I didn't notice it and proceeded with the booking. When I got the email confirmation I discovered they had charged my card the full amount...PANIC set in and I called the 800 #...unfortunately I did this on a Friday night and they told me that I had to wait till Monday to talk to someone in accounting...it was a long frustrating weekend wondering if it would be too late by Monday to reverse the mistake...thankfully it was not a problem at all and they took care of it quickly..The even told me that it happens a lot...so I'm sure you will be ok...