Would you like another Cay?

Cardancer4

My family and I just love visiting Half Moon Cay. Its a beautiful tropical island with a picture perfect beach, food, drinks, restrooms, showers, clear water, and you don't have to worry about cabs, excursions, time back and forth to the port etc. Another big bonus is not worrying about pushy vendors hawking their stuff and your kids can play in peace. My questions is this: would you like it if Carnival added another private Cay to your itinerary on your cruise? I know I would. I do not get off the ship anymore in Jamaica, Belize, Nassau and now I am starting to wonder about St. Thomas. Comments....

I have never been to Half Moon Cay, but would like to. If the new Cay that they acquired was as nice as Half Moon Cay (or at least what I have seen/heard from others), that would be a good thing. But I usually try to cruise from NOLA if I can, so they probably would not go there anyway. Of course, I might try it once and not like it, so who knows.

The perfect cruise to me would be to hit 4 private islands and skip the other ports. That would be a heavenly cruise.

^^^LIKE^^^

This would be my IDEAL relaxation cruise!!! I LOVE the private islands! :)

Never understood why Carnival doesnt use Princess Cays when Princess is not using it.

Since the cruise line is the only one that can offer tours they have total control over customers spending for the day

^^^LIKE^^^

This would be my IDEAL relaxation cruise!!! I LOVE the private islands! :)

Sea days and private islands sounds lovely to me.

I wish there was a private island or something they could spice up cruises from New Orleans with.

Private islands are great, BUT I think they should just be mixed in with other ports as well. I would hate to see cruise lines ONLY go to their own "private" places. This gives them too much control over port spending and would really hurt local places that cater to cruise ship passengers.

I also frequently wonder why they do not use Princess Cay as well. I mean they started using RC's private island instead which I am sure has to be more costly? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Carnival lost pier privilege at Key West and RC offers Little Stirrup Cay aka Coco Cay in place of Key West. (they got Key West) LSC- It's nice, not as nice as HMC, with the soft wonderful sand. Better snorkeling for free on LSC. I would love to do private islands and sea days, as I am not spending money on these types of days. Get me into a port, and I am so on excursions to get me out of the port, so that I can see a country and it's people, not a port and a store.

They could book them like 'cruise to nowhere' and just hit the private beaches. No crazy vendors, free lunch, and plenty of (free) beach loungers. Use your S&S card for drinks, and not have to carry money at all. Wonderful.

We also like Grand Turk, where Margaritaville offered a different menu and mix of dance music, along with a fresh water pool... and plenty of chairs.

Grand Turk was interesting, vendor wise... the hair-braiding girls were permitted to solicit business, as long as they were NOT in the rows of seats in the shade of the palm trees. They had to move a row closer to the water, but were still in and among the free chairs. There were also a few guys selling conch shells and coconuts in that zone. BUT, the ones selling para-sailing, rides on the towed inflatables and beach by horseback were NOT permitted on that stretch of beach... they were carefully behind a row of poles that designated the 'resort area'. Beyond that line were a handful of shacks selling food and beer, too.

Never understood why Carnival doesnt use Princess Cays when Princess is not using it.

Since the cruise line is the only one that can offer tours they have total control over customers spending for the day

I agree!!! Never been to princess cay but heard great things.

No thanks. We enjoy experiencing other cultures and meeting people from other places. One private island is ok, but not more than that.

Well, obviously they wouldn't do this on every cruise. It would be nice to have just one that would even do it once a month for those who would enjoy it. Some of us would jump at the chance.

I agree!!! Never been to princess cay but heard great things.

Most are going to tell you they like HMC better and it is quite pretty.

To us having the beach bars so far back from the beach at HMC is a negative.

At Princess Cays we can comfortably sit in the shade it the Banana Beach Bar which is only steps away from the water overlooking a beautiful beach. :)

LuLu

I've looked at the ship schedule for HMC and there are days it is empty. They could just dock out there for a few days straight and I'd be happy. Think of what a money maker it would be for carnival.
How do they make money on these private islands besides drinks and private cabanas ?