Did you see this on the main board? Fire on Quantum!

Small fire in a cabin. Thankfully only two minor injuries. There is more information in the Quantum keel blocks are in the house thread.

Eric

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Edited by Pomperaugrr

There was a pretty big fire on board the Voyager of the Seas (at that time, she was the biggest ship ever built), which set back the construction timetable, and forced Royal to continue the installation of finishes and artwork, during the trans-atlantic crossing.

This fire seems to be minor, by comparison (or it's being down-played).

There was a pretty big fire on board the Voyager of the Seas (at that time, she was the biggest ship ever built), which set back the construction timetable, and forced Royal to continue the installation of finishes and artwork, during the trans-atlantic crossing.

This fire seems to be minor, by comparison (or it's being down-played).

The Voyager one was fairly big. It effected the galleys, storage areas, and cabins resulting in large amounts of steel having to be replaced. This one certainly seems smaller like the one during the construction of the Oasis of the Seas. In that case it was over a year before delivery when a welder on deck 9 caught some ceiling insulation on fire. Supposedly it wasn't really fire, but more melting plastic which created tons of smoke that spread through the air ducts to higher decks causing more smoke damage than physical damage. This one was on deck 3 so I'd be curious to know if any higher decks got smoke damage.

So it was actually Quantum and not Anthem? Kind of a big detail for CC to mess up!

They are saying RCI have stated it was Anthem.

Hmm.. So Anthem megablock is outside the dock. The next block isn't even laid yet.

You don't call a block a ship.

They evacuated the dock and opened doors to vent smoke..

The best is all the other cruise sites are quoting CC as well ..

They are saying RCI have stated it was Anthem.

Hmm.. So Anthem megablock is outside the dock. The next block isn't even laid yet.

You don't call a block a ship.

They evacuated the dock and opened doors to vent smoke..

The best is all the other cruise sites are quoting CC as well ..

I doubt they've even installed any cabins into Anthem yet. Especially not in the inside megablock they likely only have one block laid for. Seems odd for RCCL to mess this up.

Edit: Just realized what I typed, makes perfect sense for RCCL to mess something big up. Never mind.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I doubt they've even installed any cabins into Anthem yet. Especially not in the inside megablock they likely only have one block laid for. Seems odd for RCCL to mess this up.

Edit: Just realized what I typed, makes perfect sense for RCCL to mess something big up. Never mind.

The reason for this confusion is because RCCL has not come out with a public statement about what happened.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app