Just finished a northbound Radiance cruise..

OfTheSeasCruiser

it might help if you posted a little about your experience. It doesn't have to be lengthy; just a paragraph indicating which ports you visited and what you did at each one, highlights, disappointments, clothing choices.

And did you do any land travel afterwards? Thx.

it might help if you posted a little about your experience. It doesn't have to be lengthy; just a paragraph indicating which ports you visited and what you did at each one, highlights, disappointments, clothing choices.

And did you do any land travel afterwards? Thx.

Yes that may have been a good idea! Haha :cool:

So our vacation itinerary was as follows:

1 pre-night stay in Vancouver

And the ports of Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, & Skagway

Edited by cruiserccl1212

So not so much a question on the ports but was curious how loud the centrum was at night (know this is very subjective:)

And did u have a favorite viewing area on the outside decks?

Actually that's a pretty good question for me to answer!! We were in cabin 8102, right next to the glass elevators, and never noticed any substantial noise. We never went to sleep much after 11, and it never bothered us. We actually loved the convenient location near the elevators and how we were able to easily see what was going on in the centrum.

Hmm.. Not really sure of our favorite, but the helipad had a nice view during port days, and the front decks on deck 12 and 13 were also nice viewing, especially during our visit to Hubbard glacier.

Actually that's a pretty good question for me to answer!! We were in cabin 8102, right next to the glass elevators, and never noticed any substantial noise. We never went to sleep much after 11, and it never bothered us. We actually loved the convenient location near the elevators and how we were able to easily see what was going on in the centrum.

Hmm.. Not really sure of our favorite, but the helipad had a nice view during port days, and the front decks on deck 12 and 13 were also nice viewing, especially during our visit to Hubbard glacier.

Thanks, we are staying near elevators on 9th floor:)

We are booked in 8088 on the other side of the elevators so that's good to hear!

Do you have any pictures of your deck or any pictures taken from it?

Where did you stay in Vancouver and did you do any touring?

We are booked in 8088 on the other side of the elevators so that's good to hear!

Do you have any pictures of your deck or any pictures taken from it?

Where did you stay in Vancouver and did you do any touring?

Yes, I have some pictures and I'm going to look through my camera right now to find them. I'll post them soon.

We stayed in downtown, at the Marriott Pinnacle, very nice hotel and location. We didn't arrive until approximately 2pm on Thursday and our cruise started Friday, so we didn't have a ton of time, but I'll list what we did:

First, we got lunch at the Cactus Club right near the convention center - awesome place and good food.

Then we just walked around the Olympic Cauldron area and around the seawall leading towards Stanley Park to get some pictures.

Later in the day, we took a walk to Gastown, really cool historical district. Some cool shops and restaurants.

It was almost about time for dinner, so we went to Cadero's. A nice seafood restaurant right on the water. We were pretty exhausted after dinner so we just returned to the hotel to get a good night's sleep.

Next morning we went out for a walk around 6 and watched the Radiance of the Seas pull into Canada Place. We then got breakfast at...I can't remember the name..I'm thinking Ballagio's?? Anyway the food was pretty good and we sat outside. We then did a walk to Stanley Park and out to the Brockton Point lighthouse and the totem poles. By the time we got back from the walk it was almost time to board the ship.

what did you do at each port?

Ketchikan - walked around and took the Coastal Wildlife Cruise excursion through Royal Caribbean.

Icy Strait Point - took a whale watching excursion with Hoonah Travel Adventures (AMAZING!!)

Juneau - Kayaked Mendenhall Lake with Above & Beyond Alaska and walked around.

Skagway - 6 hour Yukon bus tour to the White Pass Summit, into Carcross, and to Emerald Lake. (Also AMAZING!!)

great photos!

What wildlife did you see on the Coastal Wildlife Cruise?

It's pretty amazing to be on a small boat around whales isn't it. I've done well over a dozen trips around WA and BC and I'm in awe every time.

What did you think of the kayak trip ... I've heard mixed reviews.

Which sailing were you on? We just got home yesterday from our northbound May 30th...Great views of Hubbard from our #8168..amazing weather..but less snow than we've ever seen during our previous May cruises.

great photos!

What wildlife did you see on the Coastal Wildlife Cruise?

It's pretty amazing to be on a small boat around whales isn't it. I've done well over a dozen trips around WA and BC and I'm in awe every time.

What did you think of the kayak trip ... I've heard mixed reviews.

We saw plenty of eagles, sea lions, deer, and a mink, oh and a whale! No bears :( but still a nice excursion.

Yes whale watching was just amazing!

The kayak trip was just good. Not amazing. We were prepared for the length, but it did seen like quite a long time to get in front of the glacier near nugget falls. It rained the whole trip so that made it a little less enjoyable. It was very quiet the whole time, almost too quiet for us, made us a little nervous haha :o

Which sailing were you on? We just got home yesterday from our northbound May 30th...Great views of Hubbard from our #8168..amazing weather..but less snow than we've ever seen during our previous May cruises.

Yup, same sailing as you. It was our first trip to Alaska, and it was simply amazing. We'll most likely be going back sometime! Yes the weather was great, also. Hmm, do you like more snow? We thought it was beautiful this trip!

Thanks for posting the info and photos ... I'm sure it will be helpful to people in the planning stages.

I think I will link this thread to the 2014 trip reports. It's not a 'report' per se, but you've provided good information on vendors, things to do, and the ship and that's what people are looking for. Thx again.