Best transportation to NYC Cruise Terminal from LI?

Hire a car service and have them waiting for you with your name on a sign

Book the largest vehicle they have and if any in your party can't fit and are willing I would put them in a cab as that is cheaper than getting another private driver

Also do some research online and just contact some transport companies and see if they have something large enough for all of you

You are a large group but you will find someone to accommodate you

Maybe a 22 pax limo? Mini bus? Party type bus?

Not going to be cheap but in my book convenience is paramount with a group your size

Public transport will be a nightmare as the airport and cruise port do not have a direct public transport link

I assume when you say queens you mean the airport? If you lived in queens or Long Island you would already know how to do it as a native New Yorker

Edited by Crusin6

Any suggestions for the best way to get to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal from Queens, NY? We have 15 passengers. We can split into two groups of 8 and 7 passengers. We are going on Carnival Splendor. Thank you.....

I live in Queens and always take the train and then the bus.

E train to 50th st (there is an escalator on the platform and another that goes to the st level.) Then I hop the crosstown bus on 49th st M50 going West and get off at 12th ave and cross the st to the Pier.

If you are flying in and going to the Port on the weekend, a cab would work, since traffic shouldn't be too bad. If you are going to the port on a weekday, car service might be better since you might get stuck in traffic.

If you look under Ports in the forums you should find lots of info on this subject.

Edited by sunshine002

I live in Queens and always take the train and then the bus.

E train to 50th st (there is an escalator on the platform and another that goes to the st level.) Then I hop the crosstown bus on 49th st M50 going West and get off at 12th ave and cross the st to the Pier.

If you are flying in and going to the Port on the weekend, a cab would work, since traffic shouldn't be too bad. If you are going to the port on a weekday, car service might be better since you might get stuck in traffic.

If you look under Ports in the forums you should find lots of info on this subject.

Just to point out the Escalator is on the downtown side and the E stops on the lower level of 50th Street.

But yes that is a very easy way to go. I do it from Brooklyn (different subway line) B 47th-50 Rock and then the M50 bus to the pier.

Thank you for your reply. I was really looking for the names of different car service. I have used Golden Touch before. They have a Sprinter Van that holds up to 17. Can you suggest any other reputable companies?

Since you have used them before and they can transport your large group I say use them again

Unless of course you weren't happy with them

From northeast Queens, we see Golden Touch's van & minibuses all the time picking up & dropping off airline crews at several local hotels, on contract for their off-duty lodging & transfers & always seemed to be early/on time. Local car service might NOT have, if any, oversized minibuses that fit 15 people together plus 15 to 30 pc. of luggages including carry-on items, cases of water, etc. - you know your specific area of Queens "better" than we do & who's who in the local "reliable" transport business.

Have you consider calling Dial7 and/or Carmel about booking 3 minivans & getting a price quote?? Each mini-van will easily fit 5 adults & 5 check-in suitcase plus carry-on items with the extra unoccupied space, so 3 mini-vans in a convoy traveling together. Pickup from our area to MCT/Pier 88-90 would usually run about $55 (before toll, depending on routing) plus tips per mini-van from Carmel.

There is a Flushing-based car service in Queens, New Golden Horse Car Service & Limo (http://www.car8888.com) that we sometimes used for airport & pier trips and they have a "small" fleet of minivan as well, advanced reservations is a MUST with them as their operation is much smaller & getting back from the pier to Queen could be tricky, so I am reluctant to recommend or endorse them for such a large group. As a "planner" - are you trying to create a "party-like" ride en route to the pier?

With the 3 minivans - each one-way trip should be around $200 compared to whatever Golden Touch's prices?

Edited by mking8288

How would I get from Penn Station to the Manhattan port? Would a cab be reasonable on a weekend day?

Yes just take a cab. It is what it is regarding cost. I don't know how much but maybe $10 to $15.

Someone here will know