Cheap last minute Alaska cruises!

58Piano

Got the email if you can go June 14th to Alaska it can be as low as $249!

That is cheap. Until I checked the air fare from Florida. That was $1400

Well Alaska is still on my bucket list. Just cost too much from Florida.

That's the way I feel about all the great deals in Florida. I live on the west coast.

Right now the deals are all on the west coast. And no longer cruises from princess.3,4 and 7 day cruises only.

Sure, that's why the cruise fares are so low because the last minute airfares are so high. Air fares aren't as bad from the west coast or if you live in the Pacific northwest. You'd probably find better airfares from Florida if you booked well in advance.

I've been looking for a deal, but the price of air is just ridiculous. We flew to Venice and back from Ft. Lauderdale to a small east coast city last year for about $525pp. This was a Transatlantic cruise. The air deal was awesome with Princess.

But the airfare to Alaska right now is brutal for a last minute deal! If they give good deals on airfare and cruise, we will consider it.

Has anyone checked with the cruise line air? They offered some real breaks in the past. Another way around the high airfare is to take a b2b so you can fly in and out of the same city. We've done that successfully for a very good price.

I see the poster above had the same idea. :)

Edited by Grannycb

We booked a last minute b2b in late July 2013 roundtrip from Vancouver & Princess eZAir was the cheapest...have you tried that option for flights?

I just saw an eZAir roundtrip from LAX to Ft. Lauderdale & returning from Copenhagen for $905 for a "flexible" coach airfare.

Edited by Astro Flyer

That's the way I feel about all the great deals in Florida. I live on the west coast.

Me too! I often see some good Caribbean cruises but add the airfare and then it's not just a great deal.

Personally, I think these deals only really benefit people who live on either coast and can drive to the port and not factor in the cost of airfare.

I agree.

Actually, if you have the time, I would go for it! Researching flights from FL to Alaska, they run close to $1,000 anyway especially if you are flying multi city (flying into Anchorage and out of Vancouver, for example)

There's no easy, cheap way to fly to Alaska from Florida and normally you would have to add several thousand dollars for the cruise. You'd be sailing the same itinerary we have booked in 2015 for less than half of what our cruise is going to cost - and yours would include the airfare.

On the other hand, we do get to take advantage of the great deals here in FL. Last February, we snagged a 5 day western Caribbean in a mini suite for $399 pp. Lucky us, we only had to drive 5 minutes and we were at the port.

You win some, you lose some. :)