Prices Doubled?

osgiliath

Hey Everyone,

I've been keeping an eye on the prices of different Caribbean cruises while my family figures out what timeframe in late July will work with all of our schedules.

Sometime in the last couple of days, it seems like the price of every cruise more than doubled. Is that normal? Can I expect the prices to go back down again in the coming month?

Thanks.

A late July cruise (2014) is past Final Payment date. This means that all unused group reservations and cancellations-before-final are done. The cruise line is trying to fill the remaining inventory before the sail date.

If prices are going up, I would take it to mean that inventory is low and interest is high.

A late July cruise (2014) is past Final Payment date. This means that all unused group reservations and cancellations-before-final are done. The cruise line is trying to fill the remaining inventory before the sail date.

If prices are going up, I would take it to mean that inventory is low and interest is high.

Prices for early July, late july, and August all jumped at the same time, so maybe there was just some promotional period going on?

That makes sense, but this was an across-the-board price jump so i was wondering if they did that every year around this time.

You are going into prime time for cruising for families with kids not in school, teachers who can't cruise during the school year etc. Same goes for Christmas and New Year's cruising. The cruise will be the same as during off season, but there is high demand, thus higher prices (which they get)

That is very strange though that all the prices would double. I had this happen once and it turned out that when I was looking at the prices I had forgotten to change the 1 cruiser to a 2 so I was paying for a single in a room rate. Make sure that isn't what happened to you.

I am from Ct, the flights to the other ports(Galveston and NO) are very expensive so I am stuck with sailing out of Florida. It seems to me that when the ship has the 2.0 up grade the cruise fare goes up( I cruise solo). Has anybody else noticed the price jump?

Gary.

I found out it was only Expedia which was showing drastically higher prices for Carnival. The official carnival site had the lower prices still. Maybe it was something about the "friends and family" sale? 3rd party sites would show an inflated price to make the Carnival "sale" prices seem better? Who knows.

Thanks for all your responses!

I found out it was only Expedia which was showing drastically higher prices for Carnival. The official carnival site had the lower prices still. Maybe it was something about the "friends and family" sale? 3rd party sites would show an inflated price to make the Carnival "sale" prices seem better? Who knows.

Thanks for all your responses!

Always check the Cruiseline pricing first to compare what other sites are offering.... You need a baseline and then need to continue to monitor the baseline pricing before deciding if Expedia or XYZ agency is offering a good deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey Everyone,

I've been keeping an eye on the prices of different Caribbean cruises while my family figures out what timeframe in late July will work with all of our schedules.

Sometime in the last couple of days, it seems like the price of every cruise more than doubled. Is that normal? Can I expect the prices to go back down again in the coming month?

Thanks.

We booked for the Liberty, sailing on June 28 for a rate that made my heart sing. We did upgrade to a suite when the Upsell call came....We have never had one. It will be celebrating our 44th wedding Anniversary....long year...and I am very happy with the rate we paid.

That said.......We booked on a Celebrity cruise in March. Sailing in October. For 8 days. I paid $1750.00 ( I have lost over 50 pounds. My goal is to have 70 off by that cruise. A reward for not killing myself with a fork. And I do not gain weight on cruises. Go figure)

SO Celebrity put the 123 offer on that cruise. Book an OV or higher and pick from $200 OBC, Free Gratuities, or a Drink card for soda, coffees, wine, beer, or liquor....up to 15 per day for free.

The Cabin We booked.......would now cost us $1550 + $200 taxes.....$3.400 total. And yes the ship is almost sold out. That never happened to me before.

I WISH Carnival would do the 123 to fill some empty ships. It works!