Spring Break 2015.

deborahjo

Anyone know when spring break runs in 2015? Booked a cruise and am afraid it is during spring break.

Same as every year. From the end of February to mid/late April. Guarantee that from the first week in March through the Middle of April there will be kids on cruises who are on spring break.

Some colleges are listed here and more will be added:

http://www.studentcity.com/blog/when-is-my-spring-break/

Considerations:

First day of Spring is March 20th. School districts who incorporate this in their scheduling; the weeks beginning March 15th and March 22nd will be heavy.

Easter is April 5th. School districts who incorporate the holiday; the weeks beginning March 29th and April 5th will be heavy.

Same as always early march thru the end of April. Give or take at some colleges and school districts

I have even seen a college or 2 that takes the last week of February off

And don't forget many colleges are out by the second week in may

So that leaves the first week of may as a fairly safe bet

However they have every right to cruise whenever they are available to

To say otherwise is just wrong so it is you not them that has to decide when to cruise and may need to adjust your plans if you want to avoid young adults

As an example, when we cruise now,

we only book ov or insides now to avoid irritants on the balcony be it smoke loud parties or some such other reason.

Don't deny any other cruiser their rites but we just choose to avoid them.

Edited by Crusin6

I went on the Liberty 4/5/14 and there were many teens on the ship. I've cruised during March many times and there were more college kids than teens. So I guess depending which kids you can tolerate more that is the month you go.

Gary

Edited by Shipbound

Its the week of Easter for us this year.

Was going to book a cruise, but having second thoughts now...

Most colleges do not revolve their breaks around Easter. Of course since Easter changes there could be a year where it overlaps

Regardless the vast majority of colleges break the second or third week of march

As Easter is April 5 th next year I can guarantee you that the great majority of public schools will have the week before that off. But it is also wise to check the dates if Passover too

I can also assure you with an enormous degree of confidence that the vast majority if not all catholic schools will have the week after Easter off

The week of April 5 will be less busy than the previous week. Busy of course but less busy

Oh and btw connecticuit schools usually take patriots week off around April 19

Just book the cruise if that is your only week and don't worry.

If you can't do any other week and spring break is a deal breaker then I guess you just can't go

Edited by Crusin6

We have found no problems traveling on the 7+ day cruises to Mexico at that time of year. There are many children on board but they seem to be kept busy and don't cause problems.

It may be different in the Caribbean with college students or on short cruises which tend to be more "boozy".

Thanks all. We usually cruise April-October. Next year DH found cruise on the Breeze that he wanted in March instead of April. Said we can get out of the cold here in South Dakota. We rarely have problems with kids but sometimes it is an issue. Hopefully with the size of the Breeze it will not be a problem.

Since it is March 14th I bet we will have a lot of kids. But we have been on cruises with over 600 kids and never noticed problems. Love to cruise so will just go and have fun.

Thanks all. We usually cruise April-October. Next year DH found cruise on the Breeze that he wanted in March instead of April. Said we can get out of the cold here in South Dakota. We rarely have problems with kids but sometimes it is an issue. Hopefully with the size of the Breeze it will not be a problem.

Since it is March 14th I bet we will have a lot of kids. But we have been on cruises with over 600 kids and never noticed problems. Love to cruise so will just go and have fun.

The Breeze maybe too expensive for the spring breakers especially if it is an eight day cruise. But if mommy and daddy are paying for it, then who knows. But you will have a great time !!!!

Gary

Edited by Shipbound