Free wine with booking question

Hi when we booked we got the offer of 5 free bottles of wine per cabin. Stupid question but if we don't drink them will we be allowed to take them off the ship when we return to the UK. We've actually got 10 bottles because they don't drink wine in the other cabin - and after last night I sadly realise I can't drink it like I used to ha ha ! :D

Hi when we booked we got the offer of 5 free bottles of wine per cabin. Stupid question but if we don't drink them will we be allowed to take them off the ship when we return to the UK. We've actually got 10 bottles because they don't drink wine in the other cabin - and after last night I sadly realise I can't drink it like I used to ha ha ! :D
I'm in the US,but I think the UK will be similar. I assume these bottles have not had duty paid on them, and they must be declared and appropriate (probably not much) duty paid. Otherwise should be no problem to take them off, other than the bother of lugging and not breaking them.

Thom

Hi

We also have the 5 free bottles wine offer however, I was led to believe you are offered it in the dining room and not left in our stateroom. If this is correct then no corkage fee should be charged. This charge is if you take a bottle in with you? I also believe you can take it out of the dining room if you wish to take it back to you stateroom to drink if you wish? Perhaps someone else can put us right on this one????? :confused:

Carol

Hi

We also have the 5 free bottles wine offer however, I was led to believe you are offered it in the dining room and not left in our stateroom. If this is correct then no corkage fee should be charged. This charge is if you take a bottle in with you? I also believe you can take it out of the dining room if you wish to take it back to you stateroom to drink if you wish? Perhaps someone else can put us right on this one????? :confused:

Carol

There are no corkage fees on bottles purchased on the ship, include from the wine packages. Only the bottles brought on the ship at initial embarkation are subject to corkage fees, and then only if brought to a public venue.

Edited by clarea

I'm in the US,but I think the UK will be similar. I assume these bottles have not had duty paid on them, and they must be declared and appropriate (probably not much) duty paid. Otherwise should be no problem to take them off, other than the bother of lugging and not breaking them.

Thom

Nope.

Anyone (adult of course) entering the UK may bring in the following:

2 bottles of Champagne or 2 bottles of fortified wine or 1 bottles of spirits

AND

5 bottles of wine

With no taxes or duty or VAT.

You should be permitted to bring the wine to the cabin...and you should be able to take unopened bottles off the ship...if you are sailing in Europe, YMMV but I have often left the ship with at least one unopened bottle.. :D:eek::cool:

sent from my ellipsis..