Do you know THIS guy?

bizeemom4

This genius thought this would be a good activity as his boat pulled out of port. I saw him doing this and had to run back inside to grab my camera. I'm glad he was sailing Norwegian Getaway and not on the Breeze.

P1070947_zps99c34f36.jpg

P1070945_zps72fa6427.jpg

I can just imagine the pointing and shouting from the boat along side him. They had to be close because you can see the reflection in the windows.

Now I know why some people take bungee cords. I'm betting this moron's wife had one end hooked to his shorts and the other end hooked to the door frame behind him, because he's probably done this before.

I don't know - maybe she was tempted to go for an aggressive hug....oops sorry honey:rolleyes:

Is there a ledge under his feet? It looks like it's about a foot wide, not enough if he would tumble forward.

I don't condone this behavior, but he was in little danger IMO, as his feet are at most 2 feet above the 10 foot deep roof over the Waterfront.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

And I highly doubt they would have returned to port for this questionable behavior. Perhaps confined him to an inside cabin, or dropped him in the next port.

The Waterfront roof looks like where they should have placed the jogging track too. :p:p

ETA; better pics of the roof just below this dudes feet;

http://images60.fotki.com/v662/photos/6/649277/6412246/ueberfuehrung38-vi.jpg

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n605/kmailler/DSCF0029.jpg

Edited by bear3412

Now I know why some people take bungee cords. I'm betting this moron's wife had one end hooked to his shorts and the other end hooked to the door frame behind him, because he's probably done this before.

Not sure this guy should have a wife! But if NCL finds out who he is I would not be surprised if he found himself and the "Do Not Sail" List.

He doesn't even have his hands on the rail...............so foolish!

Edited by kcwingwalker

Pretty dramatic photo, but, the only place he could fall would be a few feet to the solid roof just below his feet. Might hurt his ego, but not much else. From the angle the photo was taken, it looks deadly, but not much way for him to hurt himself or others.

Every idiot that does something stupid costs us all money. Get loaded and fall off the ship - lawsuit, trip and fall - lawsuit. And who pays - the cruising public. Sorry but if I'd of been in the cabin next to this - I'd have called security.

This is what my friends and I call a 'Darwin award of the future'

By the looks of the layout though it seems he would probably fall flat on this face onto the deck below?

He would still be on the ship but likely in a lot of pain. :s

This is what my friends and I call a 'Darwin award of the future'

By the looks of the layout though it seems he would probably fall flat on this face onto the deck below?

He would still be on the ship but likely in a lot of pain. :s

As they say, "a real wake up call."

Makes you feel sorry for her, being tethered to him!

Sky.........Yes, he'd be the type to blame the cruise line for his stupidity.

Maybe lawsuits provide the money to cruise?

What makes you think there's a wife? The legs inside the cabin behind him look distinctly masculine. (And distinctly NOT out on the balcony with the guy, which does the companion credit.)

The OP's picture is an excellent example of an operator of common conveyance acting in complete disregard for passenger safety. Even to the untrained eye it is very evident that there are no restraints, bars, gates or other devices that would deter someone from accidentally sitting on the rail. The placement of the rail is so conducive for the rail to be used for sitting that one would automatically believe that the rail was placed there for the express purpose of sitting. Look around at all the balconies... there is not even a single sign to warn an unsuspecting passenger of the inherent dangers he is being exposed to.

We can only hope that this potential statistic makes out OK. By the way, does anyone know Jim Walker of Miami phone number;)?

Edited by BillB48

What makes you think there's a wife? The legs inside the cabin behind him look distinctly masculine. (And distinctly NOT out on the balcony with the guy, which does the companion credit.)

Do not enlarge those two pix. :eek: I did at 400% to see the legs, The second pic shows Legs wearing black shorts, the first pic I don't want to know.

Looks like Lime Green is reading an IPad.

Edited by SadieN

The OP's picture is an excellent example of an operator of common conveyance acting in complete disregard for passenger safety. Even to the untrained eye it is very evident that there are no restraints, bars, gates or other devices that would deter someone from accidentally sitting on the rail. The placement of the rail is so conducive for the rail to be used for sitting that one would automatically believe that the rail was placed there for the express purpose of sitting. Look around at all the balconies... there is not even a single sign to warn an unsuspecting passenger of the inherent dangers he is being exposed to.

Is this a joke? Are you really placing blame on the lack of signs or devices that would physically prevent people from doing this? :confused: