Starting to panic...what to wear ?

Jeffrey1950

I take a variety of bottoms including jeans, shorts, khakis/chinos and dress pants. You never know what type of weather to expect, so its better (IMO) to be prepared. I have seen people wear jeans everyday, and just think it must be there preference. Wear whats comfortable for you, and enjoy your cruise!!!

This is from a Male perspective...have a pre cruise warobe planning/drinking cocktail party and invite all your GF's over (men not allowed :D)..gather up cruise magazines and summer tropical editions of fashion magazines and have a group decision of what would look good on you in addition to your jeans....everyone chip in towards a gift certificate

No one really cares about what you wear, but a cruise is such a special event, add some adventure...you are never going to see your fellow cruisers again and if you don't like the pics of your outfits in your camera, delete them :)

Part of the reasoning for cooler air-con temperatures on board ship

is that lower temps help in the fight to suppress viruses and bacteria

from thousands of people/cruisers living in a confined space!

Lowered temps -and the constant cleaning you often see in hallways and on the stairs.

Yes the A/C on board can be too cool

and my wife suffers with that -and the dryness. Nose bleeds.

Well, whatever the reason, it gives me a chance to bring out my handknit shawls in a season that's not fall or winter..which typically only lasts about six weeks around here. :D

Okay, so here I am thinking I was ahead of the game...list made, shopping almost done and then it occur to me today most of the pants that I bought to take on my Caribbean cruise are jeans. I am not one for wearing shorts etc. So now I am wondering does anyone else wear jeans on a cruise to the Caribbean or am I going to look stupid? Some are light weight others normal. I know what someone else thinks should not matter but......also, do most people lock their luggage or leave it unlocked ?

I also am very comfortable in jean's, but it's HOT in the Caribbean! You'll learn after many cruise's, that what you wear (except to the dining room, maybe) is not important to other people. You can wear short's or what I like, skort's, and stay cool and comfortable. This is especially important to me as a "fluffy" lady :) !

We lock our luggage with TSA lock's. If the cruise line want's to see what we brought, we'll be happy to open our luggage for them. There are just too many people between home and getting on the ship to leave luggage unlocked, IMO.