The Getaway Does Wait!!

happygo

Just thought I'd share. Its 7:20 and we are still in port waiting on a flight that apparently has about 50+ people who are cruising. Starting to hear some grumblers. Really would be nice to get going but if it were me on that plane, I would be extraordinarily grateful. Really, two sea days ahead with nowhere to be. Im enjoying just being here so why sweat it?

Wow..people on plane should be grateful.

Tell grumblers to have a drink and chill. Be happy!

Have a great cruise.

ImageUploadedByForums1402184803.064288.jpg.9c2e9532d4b89bc3094e1c7ceafa6a59.jpg

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Waiting makes sense if these people were on a flight booked through NCL.

If it is a short delay the captain generally can speed up and make it to the port on time.

Must have booked flight with cruiseline or they would never have waited

If they're on diverted DL's #1865 ALT-MIA, they're certainly lucky as the GA waited for them (landed around 5 PM instead of 12 noon) & their luggage, and transfer to the pier. It was supposed to be a MD88 for about 130 pax - and a replacement plane was needed ... must be a lot of cruisers on DL's metal connecting via ATL onward to MIA to sail.

Pax on the diverted flight connecting to CCL's Breeze sailing were so lucky - they did NOT hold the ship or wait for them, and sailed, according to the posts & update. They won't be able to board at the 1st. stop - Grand Turks and will have wait by flying out to and wait for the ship to dock at Dominican Republic in a few days - US Passports will be required. Some will be turning around & flying home tomorrow ... yike!! Link to the CCL board's post - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2053593&page=2

That's the reason to fly to port one or two days ahead of sailing.

Absolutely! My sister and family are flying up from Raleigh Saturday morning and arriving a little after noon. I suggested getting in early (not just to be able to relax and spend the day in NYC), but if for some reason flights were cancelled and they couldn't get out, worst case was they could drive the 12 hours and still make the ship. They'd be a little tired, but better tired and on-board then not.

That said, it's nice being 65 miles from Pier 88.

It was great that the ship waited. The Carnival Breeze didn't wait for their cruisers who were on a Delta flight that made an emergency landing in Jacksonville. Delta told them they were in touch with Carnival. They were supposed to send a plane down from Atlanta and pick them up by 1:30pm to get them to the ship. The Delta plane didn't take off from Jacksonville until 3:35 and arrived in Miami just before 5pm. The Breeze pulled out about 5:40. Another 10 minutes and they could have made it.

I heard the Marine Chatter on the POM webcam site and heard the Getaway Captain ask for the pilot at 6:45pm.

My friend on that flight originally intended to just turn around and go home the next day, but decided to book a short RCCL cruise from POM on Monday. They are through with Carnival after being told they would hold the ship and then being told they would not.