Oasis vs Freedom

Congrats on your soon to be new baby, boy, the year is going to fly by so fast for you and soon as you know it your child is one year old and your on a cruise, I assume you taking him/her with you?

I think your choice for the Freedom is excellent, you will work your way up to the Oasis class, but you won't be any disappointed at all on the Freedom, she is a wonderful ship that we cruised on her twice and her sister ship Liberty of the Seas twice within four years time and we would go on them again in a heartbeat.

Thank you. Actually, no we will take both of our children to the beach next summer and then my husband and I will cruise in the fall. We plan to do a Disney cruise with them in 2016.

This is why we rent a car for the trip from the airport to the ship before the cruise, and use a shuttle service for the trip from the ship to the airport after the cruise. We've had good luck with Travelynx and Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

Based on what I have seen on the departure boards, this option seems the most reasonable.

About 3 weeks ago, it was a toss up between the FOS and the Allure. I had decided to book the Allure and then wondered if I made the correct decision. Here was my rationale.... Normally I get off the ship at the port and walk around the pier and visit a couple of places for about 3 hours or so and then get back on the ship. I find the shore excursions way to expensive so, we usually just stay on the ship.

With that in mind, the attraction of the Allure is the ship and the attraction of the FOS are the ports. I have never been on Coco Cay but, I have been on Carnival's private island and Disney's private island. It is nice to visit those islands and be able to see nothing but the island and the ship. I love them from the standpoint of their uniqueness. So, that is what swayed me towards the FOS.

I have done balcony cabins, Outside cabins and inside cabins. I am doing the balcony this time and the last time I did an inside cabin. When I did the inside cabin it was a little weird being in darkness a lot. However, the price difference at that time was quite substantial. On the Allure of the Seas, the price difference between the inside cabin and outside cabin was not that much.

About 3 weeks ago, it was a toss up between the FOS and the Allure. I had decided to book the Allure and then wondered if I made the correct decision. Here was my rationale.... Normally I get off the ship at the port and walk around the pier and visit a couple of places for about 3 hours or so and then get back on the ship. I find the shore excursions way to expensive so, we usually just stay on the ship.

With that in mind, the attraction of the Allure is the ship and the attraction of the FOS are the ports. I have never been on Coco Cay but, I have been on Carnival's private island and Disney's private island. It is nice to visit those islands and be able to see nothing but the island and the ship. I love them from the standpoint of their uniqueness. So, that is what swayed me towards the FOS.

I have done balcony cabins, Outside cabins and inside cabins. I am doing the balcony this time and the last time I did an inside cabin. When I did the inside cabin it was a little weird being in darkness a lot. However, the price difference at that time was quite substantial. On the Allure of the Seas, the price difference between the inside cabin and outside cabin was not that much.

Thank you for your perspective. :)

I'm curious to know if any of the Oasis class cruisers missed the shows every night like the traditional schedules. This was the one point that made me choose Freedom next year. We like going to shows every night and seeing different ones. The Oasis class seemed to have bigger productions but only a couple times a week.

I never missed the show but I realized that I had to be there at least 30 -45 mins before show time to get a great seat. Except for the ice show which I got there 5 mins before show time and I found 2 seat right in the middle. I had some show before dinning 8:30pm and others at night or 12:01am ( blue planet I believe) but I never missed one ;-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My advice, you mention its your first RC cruise so if you go on the FOS that be an excellent choice, if you go on the Oasis you got the best, the mother load of all lol. If you will be cruising again after that cruise say like within two years then I suggest you go on the FOS now and then move up to the Oasis ship.

I have been on 53 cruises and honestly can say the Allure (sister ship of the Oaisis) was my most favorite ship ever, truly amazing in every way, you can't get a better ship than that, at least for now lol.

I agree with this poster 110%.....for me! I'd always go with newer ship. I love balconies, but my second choice is interior since I rarely spend time in the room and the darkness is great for sleeping.......

Go with new ship for amazing experience!ImageUploadedByForums1402313262.033644.jpg.b50793eb752c1e082963c71694a4dfe7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app