Disney vs Royal Caribbean

DisneyMommyof2

Hello!! I'm a very loyal Disney person and since having kids, have only sailed DCL. We decided to take advantage of RCI's kids sail free promotion and booked Allure of the Seas for August. I'm so nervous that RCCL won't meet the bar set so high by disney In terms of the overall family vacation experience! My kids are 5 and 3 so still young, and still get caught up in all the "magic"! Can anyone offer their experiences after having done both? Especially how the kids clubs compare? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't sailed on Allure but I have sailed Royal Caribbean and your kids will have fun in Adventure Ocean. It's a great program. There are lots of activities. Kids love all cruises IMO. The ships are exciting and the Allure is sure to impress them. The staff on Royal is very friendly- like on Disney. Have fun :)

You and your kids will have a blast. No...it's not Disney...no one entertains like Disney, but RCI's Allure is steps above the Disney ships. No worries. Let us know how much fun you had when you return.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!! I'm a very loyal Disney person and since having kids, have only sailed DCL. We decided to take advantage of RCI's kids sail free promotion and booked Allure of the Seas for August. I'm so nervous that RCCL won't meet the bar set so high by disney In terms of the overall family vacation experience! My kids are 5 and 3 so still young, and still get caught up in all the "magic"! Can anyone offer their experiences after having done both? Especially how the kids clubs compare? Thanks!

We are in the same situation! Kids 3 and 5, and we've only gone on DCL with both of them. Going on Allure in September and wondering what to expect in the kids club! Sorry I don't have advice but glad to hear there are some replies that speak highly of RCI's kids club.

I haven't been on Disney Cruise because I live in Orlando and worked for Disney, so on vacation I wanted to get away from it not be immersed in it.

But I have taken my son on 2 Royal Cruises (Freedom and Allure) and we are going back on the Allure in September.

I can say the ship is awesome! So much to do for everyone. Your kids will love it. And the kids programs are amazing with great staff!

Here is review comparing Disney to Freedom, which should offer some good comparisons.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1832410&highlight=freedom+vs+disney

I will definitely let you guys know how much fun we had!

Please do. I'm part of the 3 & 5 year old club too! Traveling RCI in October. We don't have a big vacation budget because of visiting family on the other coast every year. Disney might be steep for us. However, I may be able to forgo the family trip one year if I can convince my brother and his family to take a cruise instead, and they loooove disney world. Perhaps they'd switch to a boat. :p

• 2 months later...

Hi there! We had a wonderful time, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend RCCL to families with young kids! Please listen to my complete review of my cruise on the Allure on the ******************.com podcast http://www.******************.com/podcast/episode-58-allure-of-the-seas-listener-review

DD (whose now 19YO :eek:) ranked the Kid's Club:

1) NCL

2) RCCI

3) Celbrity

4) Princess

5) Disney

Pure cruiseline ("whole" experience)

1) Celebrity

2) RCCI

3) NCL

4) Princess

5) Disney

Just talking to her 10YO cousin - and she concurred.

Both indicated that while there were some really cool things on-board Disney, the kids program was a bit too chaotic -- the activities are not as structured and the age groups intermix (when they were little, it was a problem because they felt that they got "pick on" by the older kids; when they got older, they did not like having the little kids around). The NCL and RCCI counselors were a lot more "fun". The only feed back I got from each of them (independently) for Princess was that one activity included some sort of a disection of a sea animal and they were both a bit appalled by that (guess neither will pursue a career as a biology teacher!)